This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly Stolen Corsa VXR

Hi, thought 'd give u guys a head up especially if you live in Bradford, West Yorkshire 3 lads tried breaking into my house on Monday nite to get the keys for my VXR.

Fortunately my Mrs woke up and disturbed them and they ran away, after woke up to find the lock barrel had been snapped on the outside, all they needed to do was to remove it and push the handle down to open it so we were very lucky....

New £50 anti snap locks all round and a new handle and back to normal, I'm planning on getting CCTV as well.

It was a frightening experience and we have had hardly any sleep since, but at least I still have my VXR....!

My advice if you hear any noises through the nite get up at all costs!!

Kev

I'm glad you and your Mrs are okay. These b******* need a damn good kickin'.

I had a similar experience a year and a half ago. They actually managed to get into the house as we slept, but luckily we lock the downstairs doors at night, and they're those big fire resistant jobbies, so they couldn't get past the kitchen.
    We've since fortified the house in every way and added an alarm.

I still keep hearing things when I'm trying to drift off at night.
    sigpic
    Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
    TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

thats aweful mate my keys are kept in the drawer next to my bed every night lol
      xbox addy -turboyoda85
      Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

i sleep with my keys under my pillow at night

sad i no

corsa arctic edition #257
        now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Yeh keep mine in bedroom close to me

Comment

I've had mine taken in the past, personally I'm glad they took the keys from downstairs and left me alone. Could be far worse if they come upstairs.

I fitted these locks to my house now so that if they snap the euro profile it is still secure

Euro profile locks are VERY insecure and can be snapped easily.

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors
            www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pecky View Post
              I've had mine taken in the past, personally I'm glad they took the keys from downstairs and left me alone. Could be far worse if they come upstairs.

I fitted these locks to my house now so that if they snap the euro profile it is still secure

Euro profile locks are VERY insecure and can be snapped easily.
              Glad to hear they didnt get the car and no one was hurt in the process, you where very lucky, as for the locks there are indeed called anti snap but I have fitted these for customers in the past and I have also bypassed them when they lost keys or locked themselves out, personally I wouldn't have them at all.

I would strongly reccomend ditching Double Glazed doors for the old favourable hardwood Timber doors with Chubb CR35 Deadlocks and hinge pins, double glazing is a gimmick purely for an aesthetic purpose.
              sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

For those that sleep with your keys under your pillow think twice if someone wants your car that much and has already got into your house what stops them from stabbing you whilst your asleep to get what they want and do you want to encourage them to come up whilst your out of it. Put your keys out of view. Your car is insured and worst case you will get a new lump of metal to drive around, you only get 1 life and that can't be replaced!!!

Sorry to hear that mate and yeah get CCTV or a dog lol!

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                  as for the locks there are indeed called anti snap but I have fitted these for customers in the past and I have also bypassed them when they lost keys or locked themselves out, personally I wouldn't have them at all.
                  Any lock can be bypassed in one way or another with a little skill, if it means the would be thief needs another tool and skill rather than just a snapper bar or decent grips, I think it is worth it. Don't have the option of a hardwood door as I don't own the house.

I also put up 24hr recording CCTV as well.

I'd rather have a deterant outside than worry about what they are going to do inside.

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors
                  www.diagnostics.org.uk

Comment

if people want the car they will get it
                    Michael Barrymore's car was nicked from next door the people turned up as AA men and used a lorry it was a SL600 thing years ago now

we had a car nicked we just leave the car keys in the kitchen they are welcome to the cars thats what we pay insurance for

me and my brother for arested stopping some one in our garage from nicking a car
                    guy had a screw driver I had a Golf club and my brother had the dogs lead
                    guy did not walk away more of a limp once the police turned up
                    but at least we both for breakfast on the police with room service an then home a few hours latter
                    the truth is out there
                    part GSI part VXR
                    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Worrying, we hear a lot of these stories. I hope it doesn't happen to memoir you guys. Glad you are ok.

Comment

People will always want to nick the cars as they have a lot of nice parts on them that sell very easy on Ebay
                        bits like
                        seats
                        wheels
                        bumpers
                        all will fly away on ebay
                        the truth is out there
                        part GSI part VXR

Comment

Think I need a dog, I'd hate someone to brake into my house, luckily your ok mate
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                            Think I need a dog, I'd hate someone to brake into my house, luckily your ok mate
                            a Dog and a ping putter worked fine for me
                            but a Gun would be good even a paint ball gun
                            the truth is out there
                            part GSI part VXR

Comment

OMG thats a horrible thing to happen while ur both in bed....im glad u were both ok but it must have really shook u up ;-( we got broken into yrs ago..not for a car cos we were both out at work. The b******s just ransacked the house and took everythin that wasnt nailed down,,,best of it was they posed as a windows company in a white van and parked on the bloody drive!!! neighbours didnt think anything of it at the time. Since then we have a Doberman, a German Shepherd, alarm system,and locks like fort knox. I know it was a while ago but its my worst fear that it will happen again. Its the worst feeling ;-(
                              The Devil's In The Dance ...
                              Arden Blue Corsa, S+L, 18" Gloss Black Wheels, AFL, Team Heko Tinted Deflectors, Dark Smoke Tints, online Stickers, Il Dottores #46 numero uno ammiratore and FINALY Sparco harnesses!

Comment

Working...
                              X