X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed please ..

ok ..

recently i had an issue with my car where my head bolt had come loose and was snapped off when a friend of mine who works for vauxhall tried to tighten it up !! ..

so he put me in contact with a company who dealt with this kind of thing and were going to be able to do it in "situe" to save me some money not having the head taken off etc etc !!

so last thursday i took it down there and left it with them over night so they could get stuck into it first thing on the friday .. however .. i popped in there friday morning whilst passing in my van to see how it was going and was told they wasnt going to be able to guarantee it would be ready by the end of business friday .. hense me not having a car over the weekend .. so i agreed to take it back for them to do first thing tuesday .. whilst there .. i asked him how much it was likely to cost .. he told me not to worry and that he'll look after me etc etc !! .. thought fair enough and off i went ..

tuesday morning came .. i dropped it off at the crack of dawn and off i went .. done my days work and was finished around half ten ish !! LOL !! .. so i rang them and asked if it was ready .. no .. they would need a few more hours .. so again i asked them how much is it going to cost as i needed to know how much money i needed to have with me !! .. again he wouldnt give me an answer .. told me about labour costs and the bolt that was needed but never mentioned any figures .. i now was starting to get a little worried !! .. get there a few hours later to find the bonnet still up so i didnt want to hassle them so i walked down the road and had a swift pint !! .. i then received a phone call and was told to hurry up as they were waiting to go home .. So i walked back and was greeted by a £452 bill !! .. i never in my wildest dreams expected that and have no where near that sort of money laying around .. not just like that anyhow !! .. so it was left with a what to do .. he didnt want to give my keys back unless i had the money and i wasnt going to be able to give him any .. and without the car i wasnt going to be able to earn any full stop !! .. so i left them £100 and told them i would try to get the money to them asap .. thing is .. if i had known how much it was going to cost .. i would have waited till i could have afforded it !! .. i mean the noise goes once the car has warmed up so it wasnt major !! ..

i just dont know what to do .. cos i cant afford it .. not right now anyway .. but the company have now gone to my friend who works at vauxhall and have told them if i dont pay .. he has to .. and cos of the dealership relationship between them and the company who done the work on my car .. they have threatened him with the sack !!

any advice ???
    sigpic
    www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
    the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Well firstly your mate can't get sacked,

Secondly, I'd be demanding my car back, they wouldn't give you a price so you were unable to pay, ask for a detailed price break down too as that's a lot of cash mate
    sigpic

Comment

i have the car back .. i took it when i gave them the £100 !!

and the breakdown was mostly labour and vat !! .. told me after i had the invoice in my hand that the labour is normally £52 an hour but he had charged me £48 !! .. explained that they had to take the turbo and manifold off .. which i knew already .. but for people who do it day in and day out .. i didnt think it would take too long !! .. i dont know how much a head bolt is ??? .. i guess they had to refill the coolant tank aswell .. but thats only pennies !!
      sigpic
      the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

In that case tell him he will get 100 a month
        sigpic

Comment

have thought about something like that !!
          sigpic

Comment

bump .. would like some other peoples opinions if possible please !!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X