This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be a good car as a 1st?

As above, I was just wondering would this be alright as a 1st car? I like it lol.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1839198.htm

yes that certainly would be. you're doing well if you've got £15,000 at 17

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
      yes that certainly would be. you're doing well if you've got £15,000 at 17
      Well my dad could buy me it... And then next year im going on the Oil Rigs when im 18 so I can pay him back for it... Is a Corsa VXR a bit to much power as a 1st car or?...

Comment

The link goes to a 1.2 not the vxr?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyyVXR View Post
          Well my dad could buy me it... And then next year im going on the Oil Rigs when im 18 so I can pay him back for it... Is a Corsa VXR a bit to much power as a 1st car or?...
          i would say stick to the 1.2SXi in the link for now, its a canny looking little car and ideal to learn some roadcraft in.

insurance and economy won't hurt as much either
          Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Too much power in corsa vxr for 1st car. That sxi does look nice

Comment

i just think, have look for something between 1,2 and VXR, after few months of driving you will be ****** *** you dont have at least 1,4
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Marty, that looks like a very nice car, my mate (2 has one the exact same he went to it from an audi tt 1.8t (engine seized) and there very nice mate,

Seems a bit pricey tho? Insurance would be mega high I'm afraid, but defo the vxr is too powerful for a first car, you will get there eventually and you absolutely love the vxr, I know you will get one soon mate just don't rush it as there would be nothing worse than having your nice shiney vxr wrapped round a pole
                sigpic

Comment

what about buying a £500 runaround for a few mon ths to learn the road then see how you have got ona nd change to something then?

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                    what about buying a £500 runaround for a few mon ths to learn the road then see how you have got ona nd change to something then?
                    ^^^ what that man said. with lack of experiance, your more likly to bang your car, kerb an alloy etc.
                    buy something cheap to gain experiance, and if you where to unfortunatly have an accident you will be less gutted to break a 500 quid car rather than an expensive 12k car.

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

My first car was £3k I think, had it for a few months whilst at college mate and im glad I did, I then got a new fiesta, its probably best to just get something cheaper... just incase - expect the worst mate lol
                      Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

I deff think it's best to work your way up to the power - as an example I had a 1.2 then 1.6 then 2.0 and now the VXR - and I wouldn't go back and change it even though at the time I would have taken the faster car, now I can appreciate the power and compare it to not having it and how you have to adapt your driving - plus it's something exciting to look forward to. I was discussing this with my brother the other day - if you get a really powerful car when you just start driving then what is there to look forward to?

But that SXI would make a reallllly lovely first car (or 2nd, 3rd, 4th car for that matter!)
                        Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                        Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

yep as above get yourself a cheap run around m8 and learn the roads...that corsa imo is just a rip off...if you like it source a normal sxi few years old and the price to make it look the same wouldnt be much...
                          ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

you can have my Arden Corsa VXR for £8950 if you wanted, haha

Comment

Originally posted by WELSHY View Post
                              The link goes to a 1.2 not the vxr?
                              I know mate, it's the 1.2 im looking at 1st lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X