• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London to Wales (Bangor)

To go by Train or Car?

Train - 3 Hours Journey

Car - 4 Hours and 45 Mins

Heading there to visit a friend next week.

Depends how good your friend is at taking you about as travelling around here is pretty poor without a car (I live just outside Bangor)

If you come by car make sure you avoid coming the A5 as the SatNav is likely to suggest (use the M6 then A55 to come along the coast road instead)

Astra

Comment

Car for me, thats the reason why i have one
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
        Depends how good your friend is at taking you about as travelling around here is pretty poor without a car (I live just outside Bangor)

If you come by car make sure you avoid coming the A5 as the SatNav is likely to suggest (use the M6 then A55 to come along the coast road instead)
        Mate drive so they'll be able to take me about with ease.

Comment

i'd drive mate, will work out cheaper and a lot more fun

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Im thinking about driving..... but come on.................. 5 hours lol. Not sure!

Comment

i'd still drive over going on the train personally, depends if you get bored easily because trust me, you wont be bored on the roads towards there

Comment

Yep I'd always want to take the car over the train, think I'm just a big snob haha

The only thing that would swing it for me is price and convenience - if I could get a bargain train for a tenner when it would cost me £40 in petrol and then you have to park etc I would get the train but Welsh roads = good times!
                Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

defo car, i did a 6 hour trip in the corsa with one stop, suprisingly comfortable, and much better than the train.

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Seriously considering it now. Ill take my camera!

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                      Seriously considering it now. Ill take my camera!
                      trust me mate, you'll love the roads up there defo need the camera as some good sights on route aswell

Comment

Definately car plus you can take it round the Triangle if you have time which isn't bad. Horseshoe Pass is good too.

Comment

Triangle?

Comment

I'd go by car, went up there for a day back in February , snow was still on the top of Snowdon looked great, possiby going back again for a couple of days end of the month possiby staying in betws-y-coed.

Don't know about going via M6, i'd check to see what road works are on going.

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                              Triangle?
                              Checkout the triangle runs organised by R15VXR in the regional section

Astra

Comment

Working...
                              X