This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Moeman or other such person in the know

My mate has a fixed penatly notice (b55) but he has the police copy not the other one, can he get out of it anyway with this situation happening?

depends on local policy, the FP just tries to speed up process and avoid court, however the prosecution can still be taken there, depends if your mate wants to push his luck bearing in mind it could bite his backside.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

ahhh was just wondering as he only has the police copy of the fixed penalty, if there was a way out of it because of it. its for texting on his phone when he wasnt he was stuck in traffic and refreshing the crash events like on tom tom so still using his phone but only the same as using a normal regular size tomtom i would have thought

Comment

Nope the offence is using a mobile phone, so technically any use is an offence.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

hmmm thats not good, good to know though.

Comment

i realise this is getting stupid but how about say an ipod touch which isnt a phone but looks like it with tomtom on?

Comment

it isnt a mobile so that offence will not apply, however there is the catch all of not having proper control of the vehilce which would cover it if required.

Comment

Hey moeman ive one for you aswell .Is there any way that you could keep your lorry license if you end up on 13 points.I know a guy who claims to have kept his even know he has got 13 points.He got them over on the mainland,he said he claimed hardship an the judge let him keep it.Is there such a thing or is he talking you know what
                sigpic

Comment

yep, you can plead hardship to avoid a ban, think the highest I saw was 19 points. He was a carer for a disabled relative and the only driver.

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                    yep, you can plead hardship to avoid a ban, think the highest I saw was 19 points. He was a carer for a disabled relative and the only driver.
                    Right so he could be telling the truth after all I wasnt aware there was such a law,but id say you only get one chance then if your caught at anything its bye bye license.Cheers moeman
                    sigpic

Comment

I have one for you moeman, just a random one. Is there a time which mobile speed camera's will not be set up? I.e after 8pm? just random question.

Comment

nope

Comment

ha ha Question time with MoeMan, I dont have any Q's as I am an honest citizen and obey all laws of the land
                          sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

I'm sure jimmy Carr got away with using his mobile as he was using the voice recorder to record a joke and not make a phone call. Sure it went to court and he won as he provided a itemised phone log to show no calls or texts had been made/sent.

Comment

thats all handy stuff to know!!
                              Size Dosn't Matter

Comment

Working...
                              X