This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone 3gs help

my iphone was not working last week and had it jailbroken not the best with phones but managed to delete cydia rock and installious but it left terminal and tv out which i was using for watching sky to watch match through the telly but it started to lose charge over night so phoned orange who booked me in at the apple store so i tried to erase the phone to get rid of tv out and terminal but then the phone wouldnt switch on but anyway went to the apple store they restored it but put the new software on so am wondering wether the spirit i used to jailbeak it last time will work with the new software the version is 4.0.2 (8A400) any help apprieceated
    sigpic
    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

no it wont work with the new software thats why they release 4.0.2 to stop spirit and jailbreakme.com, when 4.1 comes out they will have a jailbreak for that. also you can do 4.0.2 but you need redsnow, a 4.0.ispw for the 3gs and then you have to put it into recovery mode by turning off the phone and holding the power on button and home button together whilst its plugged into the computer via the lead and then let go of the power but not the home button and then you should get the original screen that says to connect to itunes. after that you use redsnow to recover the phone using the 4.0.ispw with redsnow if you want to do this and need more help let me know and ill see what i can put together for you

p.s. yes i am a geek :-)

Comment

need to get it done again so i can use the tv out app for the football on the telly but not really clued up when doing this sort of thing
      sigpic
      ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Why were on the subject I have a 3GS and it locked to the network 3. How can I get it unlocked to take a o2 sim as my contract now up and I don't want to renew my contract with three.

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

If you had your shsh files saved you can downgrade and and jailbreak. Did you click the "make my life easier" button in cydia?
          Burg #332 - 270 bhp - gone
          Mazda 3 MPS - 490 bhp - gone
          Audi S4 - MRC stage 2/490 bhp....so far

Comment

cant remember mate probly not
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by royboyvxr View Post
              Why were on the subject I have a 3GS and it locked to the network 3. How can I get it unlocked to take a o2 sim as my contract now up and I don't want to renew my contract with three.
              You can speak to 3 and they should unlock it for free now the contract is up. Alternatively, download ultrasn0w from cydia, hey presto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
                You can speak to 3 and they should unlock it for free now the contract is up. Alternatively, download ultrasn0w from cydia, hey presto!!
                From the phone or the computer, I Ain't got a clue what I'm doin lol

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

Comment

Originally posted by royboyvxr View Post
                  From the phone or the computer, I Ain't got a clue what I'm doin lol
                  Is your phone jailbroke? I so just go into cydia and download ultrasn0w straight to your phone and then any sim card can be used. But if you speak to 3 they should be able to unlock it straight away without jailbreak. The latter is the first option to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
                    Is your phone jailbroke? I so just go into cydia and download ultrasn0w straight to your phone and then any sim card can be used. But if you speak to 3 they should be able to unlock it straight away without jailbreak. The latter is the first option to try.
                    Three won't unlock it as they say put one of there chips in and no it's not jail broke

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

Comment

Slightly off topic but here's something for you guys to read http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/08...eking-patent-0

Comment

mate they have not put a chip in your iphone there talking out there ****.

ive had numberous iphones apart and believe u me. no1 is sticking any "chip" in it!

its a simple software thing. call em back and speak to someone else

Comment

hi there.

i jailbroke my iphone 3gs on saturady because i accidently updated my firware. its so easy to do. but i aynt saying how. lol

Comment

Ill tell you how later on,waiting all day on my new 3gs 16gb replacement being delivered, then it will be jailbroken straight away. Will do a step by step... or just look on youtube

I never unjailbroke my old one thats smash into little bits hope they dont check
                            Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

Originally posted by sk_vxr View Post
                              hi there.

i jailbroke my iphone 3gs on saturady because i accidently updated my firware. its so easy to do. but i aynt saying how. lol
                              If you accidently updated firmware to latest (4.0.2), you wont be able to jailbreak (yet) ??

And if you ''aynt saying how'' why bother saying anything at all ?
                              Last edited by miniman; 6 September 2010, 09:49 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X