X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid Evans Halshaw Wolverhampton!!!!

Right where do i start.

I noticed about a month ago my steering wheel controls were not working properly so i had a quick look on here and found someone had also had this problem and they had takn it to there local vauxhall garage and had it repaired under warranty, so i thought great i rang them up and booked it in.
    I dropped it off on the morning and went out for the day with the mrs, about an hour later my mate rang asking me if my car was in the garage, i said yeah why and he told me how he could see some ****** sitting in it revving the hell out of it.

after 8 hours I went to pick it up only to be told they had'nt got the part and i would need to rebook.

I took it in again on thursday at 8am and left it with them. They tol me it would be ready for about 12 and they would ring me, at 2 i still had'nt heard anything so I rang them I got through to sales so they transfered me and there was no answer. At 4 I still had'nt heard off them so I went down to ind my car parked in the middle of the road because there were no spaces.
    After 20 minutes i finally got my keys only to find when i started it the esp light was on, so i went back in and tey sent a technician out to plug it in to the diagnostics showing a steering sensor failure. I was told yet again it would need to be rebooked, so 8am the next day i was driving there and i noticed the light had gone off and the indicators were working again but i thought now im out of bed at 8am on my day off i might aswell be on the safe side.

When i explained to the receptionist the light had gone off she told me evrything was fine and it would'nt need to be plugged in again even though i asked if they could do it anyway just to check. This mechanic receptionist told me there was no problem and sent me home and said if the light comes back on bring it back.

Well guess what the light did come back on at 3 in the afternoon so I drove it back down there and insisted they sort it out. They hooked it up to the laptop and eventually told me the sim they had replaced was faulty and i would need to rebook. I got in my car and went to move it and there was no power steering so i went back in and gave em a piece of my mind to which they replied we will have to keep it in over the weekend and order the part monday and replace it tuesday. And they got on to enterprise for a courtesy car.

2 Hours later a women arrived with the keys to a 1.4 corsa and sent me on my way.

This is my first experience with vauxhall and its not giving me much confidence in the so called profesionals, my service is due soon and i cn tell you i wont be taking it there again, thats providing I ever get it back.

Anyway i feel better after my little rant, just thought id warn anyone taking it there.

Fancy that.
    Ive had a similar sort of problem with Evans Halshaw in Wigan.

I think there staff must of been trained in how to fob people off.
    There aftercare is absolutely shocking.

Comment

evans halsaw are total pap tbh. they dont really car what your doing. when i wnt to buy my vxr they sales guy was trying to convince me that 12k to swap was better than 10k because they were giving me more for my car lol
      Tech2 Diagnostics
      Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

yeah i agree i live right by that dealer but i go out my way to avoid using them,even for parts there useless,try brindleys in tipton,great blokes who actually know about vxrs

Comment

only thing is brindley arnt in tipton no moer lol
          Tech2 Diagnostics
          Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Ive had this problem with my car for so long now that Ive got VX customer care involved as I dont trust them anymore.

The service people there havent got a clue what there talking about.

I hope there reading this too.
            Hopefully it might make them get their a**es in gear and at least try an be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
              only thing is brindley arnt in tipton no moer lol
              really? as of when lol they only changed from bicknells recently

Comment

Evans Halshaw Luton are a joke too, wouldn't buy from them again.
                sigpic

Comment

Same goes for Evans Halshaw Wrexham - bunch of F*****G Monkeys that couldn't fix a frigging tricycle

Comment

Take it to Brindley in cannock mate they know there vxr's I know 2 of the tech's there and they have allways sorted me out with no prob's
                    sigpic
                    3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post
                      really? as of when lol they only changed from bicknells recently
                      They moved from Tipton about 2 months ago . . . . they're in Wednesbury now, down Bridge Street, opposite the drive-throu car wash.

Comment

Hey no one has said a bad word about Evans Halshaw Bedford yet am i safe lol

On a serious note i'm really sorry all you guys are having bad experiences with Evans Halshaw, i don't think we are all bad.

Comment

Someone else was revving the nuts off your car and you didn't go straight in there? I would be absolutely fuming!!!
                          #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

I didn't have a good experience with EH in Milton Keynes when i had my Corsa C SXI years ago.

Comment

Evans Halshaw Wakefield...dont know thier ****** from thier elbow. Unhelpful, full of absolute tosh and from now on I wouldn't advise anyone even letting there techs change a watch battery...they couldn't touch my VXR8..no experience or cert and they are more interested in how my VXracing ed performs rather than finding out where the rattle came from...should be "Evans "fall-short"...far more apt!!!
                              Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
                              Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

Comment

Working...
                              X