Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Numerous companies registered to one residential address?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numerous companies registered to one residential address?

What reasons would a person(s) do this, naming themselves as the director? (None of these companies actually exist btw).

Can it only be for tax (fiddle) reasons of some sort? Or maybe you can get a grant or something if you register a new business?

Without going into details, my wife turned up at work and the place was closed and the owners seem to have done a runner, with lots of people's money (they did live upstairs in the house whilst the business was downstairs). Am now trying to gather as much info as requested to do so by the police.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Die_hard; 31 May 2011, 05:19 PM.
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Originally posted by Die_hard View Post
    What reasons would a person(s) do this, naming themselves as the director? (None of these companies actually exist btw).

Can it only be for tax reasons of some sort? Or maybe you can get a grant or something if you register a new business?

Without going into details, my wife turned up at work and the place was closed and the owners seem to have done a runner, with lots of people's money (they did live upstairs in the house whilst the business was downstairs). Am now trying to gather as much info as requested to do so by the police.

Thanks.
    There was a famous scam someone was recently convicted of - lol

It involved opening hundreds of Ltd Co's so that the owners/directors of said companies could claim the various online submission incentives that were on offer over the past few years for business

Depends if they are proper companies or just names - have you checked with companieshouse ?
    sigpic

Comment

Have looked on there but seems you have to pay for info as on other sites. Plus it seems a bit of a maze to me tbh lol. Just trying to find out as much as I can without paying really.

All I know is the peoples' concerned names and their address, though they could've registered another address also that I can't find out too. Having a bit of a mare really as this isn't my forté but found 9 other companies so far lol.
      Last edited by Die_hard; 31 May 2011, 02:14 PM.
      VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Companies house will allow you to search for company names and numbers and registered office free of charge.

Search for the company and click its number in the results.

If you want further details such as directors share holders etc then you need to pay £1 per document.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

I don't already have the company name information to look up. Problem is I'm actually looking to find out any company names so I know what they are.

I just have the name of the people that's all (and one address) and I don't see that you can find out on that site what companies an individual has registered to them!?

If that makes sense lol.
            Last edited by Die_hard; 31 May 2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I just asked my boss the op's question

He said people usually do that to "avoid" vat/tax. Something to do with sales/spending under 40k

Also when a tax bill is due one comapany can lend another one money and avoid tax bills that way.

He also said if they aren't trading and they are just registered then there's not much that can be going on

Comment

If you have multiple companies trading against each other it can be seen as money laundering. Basically a covering operation to 'clean' illegal monies.

When I set up my business 7 years ago I was scrutinised by the Inland Revenue, for no other reason than to make sure my company was legitimate. It was a crackdown at the time on technology companies.

Other reasons why someone would want to have multiple companies is so that they can 'appear' to have been trading (or in business) for many years. Again a cover for rogue traders. Jumping from one company name to another. Usually under a holding company where shares and ownership can be distributed, but the liability contained to one or two businesses.

Comment

Working...
                X