X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres - Question

Evening everyone

Currently doing a business plan for my university work on a business of my choice . .

Ive chosen to base it on a tyre fitting bay and atm I am developing some cash flow projections. Anyways, after looking around the internet I have not been able to find out much about the mark up on tyres.

Does anyone working in the industry or anyone with experience have an idea on a rough mark up figure for each tyre - for an independant or small chain of tyre fitters .... not those kwik fit fraudsters lol

Cheers,

Dan

You could be clever; take a tyre from say Camskill and look for the same price at kwik fit.

Assume that camskill apply say 5% margin but state that you're using them as a baseline, working out the actual margin from Kwik fit? Kwik fit will have huge overheads but arguably smaller per tyre than a small garage as higher turnover, etc.

That make sense? lol
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

http://m.alibaba.com/trade/search?Se...ntal+tyres+car

Try this website or contact the actual suppliers. See what you can get from them.

You might need to do a little digging as I can't see many places wanting to tell you how much they make from you.
      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
        http://m.alibaba.com/trade/search?Se...ntal+tyres+car

Try this website or contact the actual suppliers. See what you can get from them.

You might need to do a little digging as I can't see many places wanting to tell you how much they make from you.
        Cost price isnt a secret, im sure if you explained what you were doing, they would happily tell you...

we used to tell customers if they asked, if they didnt like the mark up, go elsewhere... they would usually end up coming back eitehr due to price or convenience...
        Previous Owner of the Carbon Edition VXR - Stage 3 [Airtec + Remus] Carbon Alloys and Rocker, Blue 356mm Ksports, Roose CDTI & Black Samcos, PPP Tophat + Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, H&R Race Springs, Black Whiteline RARB, Blue SMD Conversion
        **Audi R8 FTW & Progress thread**

Comment

cheers for the help guys! really useful!

Comment

Working...
          X