This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uprated actuator

hi all im a little bit stuck my car is going for a re map on friday and i spoke to the company (wont say any names atm) and asked them to fit my uprated actuator at the same time as the re map but they said the uprated actuators dont really make any difference is this tru all comments welcome many thanks jamie
    Forge cooler, milly race, stage 3 eds map, dap r's, rarb, cdti kit, forge re circ, wavetrac diff ect ect ect....

they dont give any extra power but they will perform better than oe ones
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shippo View Post
      hi all im a little bit stuck my car is going for a re map on friday and i spoke to the company (wont say any names atm) and asked them to fit my uprated actuator at the same time as the re map but they said the uprated actuators dont really make any difference is this tru all comments welcome many thanks jamie
      There's pratically no point unless your standard one is at fault. And then you may as well stump out for one you can replace the diaphram on or just get a piston/spring one.
      I see dumb people.......
      .....they're everywhere
      .....they walk around like everyone else
      .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

how would i feel the difference between an uprated one and a standard one? where would i get a replacement one with a diaphram or piston/spring thanks agen
        Forge cooler, milly race, stage 3 eds map, dap r's, rarb, cdti kit, forge re circ, wavetrac diff ect ect ect....

Comment

Originally posted by shippo View Post
          how would i feel the difference between an uprated one and a standard one? where would i get a replacement one with a diaphram or piston/spring thanks agen
          You wouldn't feel any difference. And forge motorsport have both for sale, you have to ring up for the diaphram type though.
          I see dumb people.......
          .....they're everywhere

Comment

ohh ok cheers mate, ive got the one from courtenay are they any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
              There's pratically no point unless your standard one is at fault. And then you may as well stump out for one you can replace the diaphram on or just get a piston/spring one.
              Replace diaphram? You sure you're not thinking recirc valve here.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Uprated actuators are not needed unless you want to hold higher boost. But why would you want to do that whent he standard one can hold a decent amount of boost in the first place?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                  Replace diaphram? You sure you're not thinking recirc valve here.
                  Yep, the stadard actuator has a diaphram. You can buy one with a diaphram from forge.
                  I see dumb people.......
                  .....they're everywhere

Comment

Yep but I've never heard of one failing like that, its always been the rod snapping. Never heard of someone opening one either.

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                      Yep but I've never heard of one failing like that, its always been the rod snapping. Never heard of someone opening one either.
                      Mates one split, you can't open the standard one hence forge selling one that you can.
                      I see dumb people.......
                      .....they're everywhere

Comment

Working...
                      X