X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Goings On

Folkes this is a serious post.

Over the last few days I have been going out in a morning to find there is dead greenfly all over the outside of the car.

I have washed them off and the next morning same again.

Might just be worth mentioning that I cleaned the car at the weekend and for some strange reason there seems to be static all over the car. I can feel the static field over the car and the greenfly looks like they have been frazzled. lol.

Just wondering if it could be the car wash solution that Im using as its never happened before.

As mentioned very strange goings on.

Serious posts please.

Cheers.

Would then using an anti-static sealent (CG BLacklight springs to mind) cancel this effect out? No dead flys then?

Or.. Is it that condensation appears on the paintwork over night then the flys are out and when they land on the car they simply drowned in the moisture?

Comment

If I was a betting person I would go with the latter as I have been using the same shampoo for a while now but its only recently that this has been happenning.

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
      Would then using an anti-static sealent (CG BLacklight springs to mind) cancel this effect out? No dead flys then?

Or.. Is it that condensation appears on the paintwork over night then the flys are out and when they land on the car they simply drowned in the moisture?

Comment

You using a sexy smelling wax dude,

they may think its a flower.

Comment

Weird things can happen - there was a thing where people noticed flies were landing on the Burg chequers, think we blamed the smell of the glue possibly attracting them to it

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
            Weird things can happen - there was a thing where people noticed flies were landing on the Burg chequers, think we blamed the smell of the glue possibly attracting them to it
            Oh its not just me thats noticed that then? It's even worse when you've just cleaned it, ********* things land in a perfect line down the chequers
            VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

formation flying flys????

Comment

I have fly's landing on mine all the time after I clean it! But I don't have them inside :s?

Comment

Originally posted by philgvxr View Post
                  formation flying flys????
                  There getting better at it as well!

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
                  I have fly's landing on mine all the time after I clean it! But I don't have them inside :s?
                  I don't get them inside.

Maybe MattHVXR can park his car next to mine when I clean it, so any flies that try to get to mine, get zapped by his
                  VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Or you could have a bbq around it, flies will never get near your food again
                    VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Call the FBI and ask for Mulder or Scully ? sorry couldnt resist that

Flys or bugs always get attracted to a nice clean car

Get a pic up

Comment

Should see how much static you can build up to go after bigger game, wasps perhaps. Just make sure you stop when birds start falling out of the sky lol.
                        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...raigJG-s-VXRed

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                          Mine was like this every hot day when I had it...

12102009012.jpg
                          VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

wiered you mention flys .. every day I notice the car is COVERED in large black flies uuuurrrgghhh .. specially worse after I've cleaned it .. am thinking they like the blue!
                            The Devil's In The Dance ...
                            Arden Blue Corsa, S+L, 18" Gloss Black Wheels, AFL, Team Heko Tinted Deflectors, Dark Smoke Tints, online Stickers, Il Dottores #46 numero uno ammiratore and FINALY Sparco harnesses!

Comment

Working...
                            X