X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hairline Scratches

Members,
    I have some very faint hairline scratches on my car.
    There very faint and not noticeable if your not looking hard enough but I know they are there and want them off the bodywork.

The car has black pearlescent paint and if I use T cut would it be noticeable and show up a dull patch where its been used.

I wouldn't actually feel confident using this as Ive never used it before.

Just wondering if there is anything else on the market that's good and not expensive that could be used to remove them as I don't want to spend a small fortune just to remove a few scratches.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

You could try some very fine rubbing compound that should do the trick
    Oh My god Nissan what have you done? You haven't created a machine
    You just made a MONSTER!!!!

Astra vxr 19's, cd70+cid+aux in, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors. Retro fitted:- afls, headlamp washers, cruise control, check control, sight and light, folding mirrors, anti hi-jack, vx-racing edition full leathers, cid video interface, reversing camera

Comment

Originally posted by nellynell View Post
      +1

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Can anybody recommend a certain product as per quote.

Originally posted by nellynell View Post

Comment

i`ve used meguiars scratch x before in the past just for the odd light scratch for example behind the door handle , although that was quite a fews years ago , another alternative is getch P1 polish aslong as you use the correct applicator pad it will remove light scratches , i`m guessing your talking about doing this by hand with as little expense as possible ,

have a chat with Rob ( Novus ) and see if he`s got anything better from shinearama ,

Comment

I am mate yes. Don't really want to spend a lot on just a few scratches that only I know they are there . I probably wouldn't mind paying the expense if it was quite visible but as mentioned there very faint.
            Ill get in touch with Novus as described.

Thanks Daz.

Originally posted by Daz View Post
            i`ve used meguiars scratch x before in the past just for the odd light scratch for example behind the door handle , although that was quite a fews years ago , another alternative is getch P1 polish aslong as you use the correct applicator pad it will remove light scratches , i`m guessing your talking about doing this by hand with as little expense as possible ,

have a chat with Rob ( Novus ) and see if he`s got anything better from shinearama ,

Comment

if theres only the odd few and doesn`t require a full correction i`m sure they`ll be someone near you that wouldn`t mind giving the areas a quick once over with a machine polisher ,

Comment

Matt give me a pm fella ill see what i can do for you .
                Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Working...
                X