This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to love doing a deal with the insurance company

Ok it's building insurance not car but the principle is the same, never take the first figure.

My renewal came through for £151, popped online and got a price of £118 so rang up the current company and they did the usual we include this and that and then said they could do the cover for £135 how did that sound, I replied £17 dearer and they came right back with an additional loyalty bonus of 20% and a £20 gift voucher, so ended up paying £110 and a gift card to come, all for 5 minutes on a freephone number!

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

I'm just surprised you didn't top up your Quidco

Must be near £5k by now lol

Astra

Comment

cheeky, did look but all the deals now seem to be bldgs and contents to get a good cash back

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Well good to know Moeman Towers have been insured at a favourable rate once again

Astra

Comment

Nice one, we just renewed our B+ C with Sheilas wheels of all insurers lol £143 £90 cheaper than last year with better cover, agree never take the 1st offer keep haggling.
          sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

I always do this with insurance, be it car house or whatever.
            I think they tell you a price and they also have a discounted price they can go to.
            On my car insurance with elephant last year they quoted £1200.
            I said I've found it cheaper, what can you do(I hadn't even looked elsewhere at this point). They instantly brought the price down to £930.
            Then I found greenlight and got it for £600.

Happy days, always ask for the discount.

Comment

Working...
            X