This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocking driving standards!!

So narked off by this guy that I thought I would share it.

So, there I am cruising on the inside lane of a dual at 52 mph and this guy comes past in a focus estate. He does not overtake as such, just hovers about a car length in front in the outside lane. We approach a rab and as he is in the right hand lane I assume he is going right but I am wrong as he shadows me around the rab and carries straight on, no indication at all.
    He then scoots off from me as I am only getting to about 55 mph max, he switches lanes again without indication and then shoots off at a good rate of knots. So we are still on a dual and the next rab comes up about 2 miles later and he has been held up by traffic "getting in his way" so I am approx 300 yards behind him, he is approx 300 yards from the rab when he switches from left to right lane, gets to the rab and pulls out in front of approaching traffic on the rab making them stop and proceeds to barge his way into the single lane to go straight on, rather than going right which is what the road markings direct you to do.
    Thankfully I was going right so did not have to watch such a pi$$ poor display of driving any longer.

Now I know we all see this sort of thing everyday so it kind of numbs you to this sort of idiotic behaviour but sometimes it just wrankles a bit.

So what you might say................................oh sorry, forget to mention that the driver was a uniformed police officer and he was driving a 60 plate MARKED police car.

I was tempted to follow him to the station to ask him if he would have "pulled" a member of the public for the same poor driving display, but I thought better of it as I knew I would end up being the one in the wrong.

What are your opinions, should I have made this an official complaint or is this something that we, the put down motorist, has to put up with?

Debate??

Was there somewhere he needed to get to without putting on the blues and twos maybe? As in catch up to another car without spooking them or alerting them too much to his presence?
    #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

I know the police get a hard time but they like us are human.

There bad drivers everywhere regardless of occupation
      sigpic

Comment

maybe on a call and needed to be somewhere which may of not needed blues and two`s on , or could be just a c0ck despite what uniform he was wearing , which ever it is only he will know the answer

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
          Was there somewhere he needed to get to without putting on the blues and twos maybe? As in catch up to another car without spooking them or alerting them too much to his presence?
          That would be the excuse no doubt. Nah he was too leisurely in his driving and there was no one in front of him and me for a good mile or so and he wasn't go THAT fast.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilVXR View Post
            That would be the excuse no doubt. Nah he was too leisurely in his driving and there was no one in front of him and me for a good mile or so and he wasn't go THAT fast.
            sounds like a c0ck then lol

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
              maybe on a call and needed to be somewhere which may of not needed blues and two`s on , or could be just a c0ck despite what uniform he was wearing , which ever it is only he will know the answer
              Not trying to say he was a c0ck but his driving was cack, and yeah only he really knows. Annoying when you just know that if you or I drove that way and he was behind you, you would get pulled.

Comment

Believe it or not some forces allow officers to drive after an half hour evaluation drive, but they are not allowed to use blues and twos nor contravene traffic controls when attending a job, so:

a) he could have been trying to make progress within these restrictions
                b) he has had no driver training and drives like he did before joining
                c) he is just one of those that gets the rest a bad name.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

should have followed him and if he did go to the station then reported him fo his driving as if we drove like that we would get nailed no offence moeman we all know u were a decient copper
                  www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                  www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                    Believe it or not some forces allow officers to drive after an half hour evaluation drive, but they are not allowed to use blues and twos nor contravene traffic controls when attending a job, so:

a) he could have been trying to make progress within these restrictions
                    b) he has had no driver training and drives like he did before joining
                    c) he is just one of those that gets the rest a bad name.
                    I would say more of b and c mate.

Comment

No offence taken Kenny, there is always one that spoils it for the rest.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

It's points like that you wish for a passenger with a video camera lol x

As already said no one will know but him but I know if i'd seen it i'd have been the same x

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR View Post
                          It's points like that you wish for a passenger with a video camera lol x

As already said no one will know but him but I know if i'd seen it i'd have been the same x
                          Absolutely spot on Lou. You do not expect to see it. Doubt I am the only person who had the hump with his driving. I should set Turkish on him eh?? PMSL

Comment

LMAO!! Yeah Turkish would sort him out (well unless there's a fishtank then no way you'd get his attention ) x

Comment

Whats the point of making a judgement when you really do not know the situation.. Could be right could be wrong.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                              X