This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The falklands

My brother who is in the RAF had said when all these defence cuts kick in and we start down sizing our defenses i bet the Argentine people will try and take the falklands back and sure as **** the talks have started, his feelings on it is that if they tried now we couldnt stop them this time...

Whats everyones view on this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13803111

One word,

OIL.
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
      One word,

OIL.
      +1

Another couple...

ITS OURS!

Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

only change is no carrier support now but the rest of the deterants are still there so cant really see any change myself

Comment

this hasnt stopped from the last time they sent their forces there!

all i will say is we are extreamly battle hardened. our skills and drills have been tested and proven daily for the past 10 years and our equiptment is now second to none!

we sent lads there in 82 without the above and we all remember how that went.

sigpic

Comment

when they original tried there were none of the defences in place that we have there now so its not they easy target they thought it was back then.

Nice place although it could do with some more trees

Comment

So guy the feeling i get is we will be OK?

Are there armed forces not more equipt now to and will know what to expect?

Comment

Sooner or later the resources will run dry an the armed forces are stretched to the max already.

Is it not true that the herion export has went up since they infaded afgan,the taliban are stong as ever an the whole country relys on that export.

We are witnessing the modern day vietenam.That lasted 9 years,their in afgan 10 years so were does it end an when.
                sigpic

Comment

Its the cost of war that worries mate mate...

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                    Its the cost of war that worries mate mate...
                    Yeah especially when its our own country that needs the money most.

Ok might be alittle selfish but why not just concentrate on getting the financial situation sorted at home first.Forget everywere else for a few years.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
                      Yeah especially when its our own country that needs the money most.

Ok might be alittle selfish but why not just concentrate on getting the financial situation sorted at home first.Forget everywere else for a few years.
                      Na, **** it, we will give 800 million to poor kids affected by malaria who will probably emigrate here and take out benefits, while sapping every spare coin out of our pockets
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                        this hasnt stopped from the last time they sent their forces there!

all i will say is we are extreamly battle hardened. our skills and drills have been tested and proven daily for the past 10 years and our equiptment is now second to none!

we sent lads there in 82 without the above and we all remember how that went.
                        I have the utmost respect for our armed forces and know they would do their best, but back in 82 we had the harriers, what could we do now to protect the fleet (such as it is) once the airfield in the falklands is bombed out of operation? (There is only one airfield there for those that dont know)

Refueling tornadoes and the eurofighter isnt pratical for long and the tankers would be vulnerable, without air cover ships and ground troops are extremely vulnerable, ask the soldiers who were caught on the beach without air cover during the falklands..they were bombed repeatedly and lost of a lot of men and equipment without any means to fight back.

I think we would have a hard time to hold onto the islands again, I would hope, and be glad to be proved wrong, and I know our forces would do their utmost, but the defence cuts arent beginning - they have already begun, and the loss of the carrier force was probably the most important and worst cut.

I respect our forces, but I despise our politicians who are more concerned with lining their pockets and looking after all the criminals and immigrants then they are about looking after us - their so called employers.

Close the borders, not totally, just establish proper control over them and only permit proper job bound immigrants who offer value aka Austrailia policy, (it also offers the benefit of employing many people to do this) establish a proper justice system again that holds proper deterrents to criminals and supports the victim first, support our armed forces giving them reasonable money and the equipment and systems they need and remember their job is to look after the UK, not the whole world first.

And ban their partners from being "human rights" lawyers, that way maybe they wont be so concerned with the criminals and immigrants rights before their own tax paying peoples..

Now, who wants the soap box?!

Comment

who says we need carriers to provide air support there? im sure the assets that are in place can cope with anyform of attack, be it by air, by sea or by land!

dont be drawn into thinking the islands would be taken and we would fight to regain them.
                          randomgary
                          Load of Baubles...
                          Last edited by randomgary; 17 June 2011, 06:44 PM.

sigpic

Comment

There's planes/bombers that can fly all the way from USA to Britain, no problems, I'm sure there would be some sort of forward operating base a little closer,
                            Tbh I think the argies would be a little daft to try and take them again, with the allegiance we have with the US I'm sure Mr Obama wouldn't be long in smashing them till we turned up
                            sigpic

Comment

Why don't we just sell it back to them for a few hundred billion lol

Save us some military costs and clear the national debt, job done!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                              X