This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma

thinking of now getting rid of the sri .
    as some of you guys know i down graded from a burg to the sri and after owning the sri for a year now i`m tempted just to go the whole hog and drown grade again

money isn`t the reason but more to do with not using the car , in the last 12 months i`ve done 2350 miles . i`m at a point now where all i use it for is to go shopping and other little pointless trips which realy i could do during the day in the works van if needed .

also through a family member i`ve got the option to use there courtesy cars as i`m on there books now so i`m fully insured to do so (perks of the job )

my son is thinking about learning to drive which if i get a smaller car i could learn him and when he passes he can have the car and become my personal taxi driver from the pub as and when needed

option 1

keep the sri , pay the £190 tax which is due , 2 tyres plus service due

option 2

downgrade for a smaller car , teach my son to drive and give him it once he passes (will be a new 2011 plate ) free taxi

option 3 would be to buy another vxr but it would be just sat there most of the time like a garden ornament

VXR more than a little biased though.....

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBats View Post
      VXR more than a little biased though.....
      thats my 1st reaction tbh , but to see it sat here all week doing nowt i think it would be a waste , i honestly hardly drive now as i`m busy doing other things and anytime i do get as people know will be spent enjoying a well earned beer

Comment

Yeah i get that, personally, if i could afford to have it there i would. Just knowing that i've got a car there that would put a smile on my face everytime i do wanna drive it would be great

And plus, do you really wanna give an 11 plate to a new/young driver? :P Even with the best teacher in the world, the likelihood is at somepoint he'll have a ding in it parking it or whatever.

Comment

i`m sure he`ll look after it , he knows what`ll happen it he dings it

yeah i know what you mean about having a vxr even if i hardly drive it but i`m even thinking now whats the point of having the sri sat there doing nowt most of the time , got to a point in my life now where i just get to drive anymore , too bloody knackered most of the time .

as you probably can guess i`m 50/50 on what to do , the days of just going out for a drive for a bit of fun have long gone , well how things are at the moment anyway . knowing me i`ll go to garage for a smaller car and probably sign the dotted line for a vxr

Comment

looking forward to seeing your new VXR daz astra or corsa?

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Option 2, free taxi sounds good and your son gets all the bills
              sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

got to say vxr mate mine sit,s there but it looks great and when i drive it.so much fun makes it worth while
                sigpicCUSTOME EXHAUST,TOUCH SCREEN,SATNAV,REVERSE CAM DVD,TV,BLUETOOTH
                ITG,SMD,STAGE 2 MAP,CUSTOME GRILL,TINT,S,H and R Springs,GEO,DE BADGE,PRO RACE 1.2 ALLOYS,VXR PEDALS.BOOST GAUGE,BLUE FOOT WELL LIGHTS. BONNET RAISE,BONNET VENTS,OMP Seats ,Caged,Weight Reduction,Hydro Dip,Inlarged Intake,Mod Air Box,Up Rated Disc,s and Pads.

Comment

order the new corsa burg...stunning car to sit on the drive and look after

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

get the vxr and ill drive it for ya during the week lol

Parts For Sale http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-bits-for-sale

Comment

well as soon as i posted this thread i went to test drive a ,,,lets just say smaller car and one thing for sure is that i won`t be downgrading , the drop from the vxr to sri was bad enough but to drop even more well i might aswell get a push bike . there was an 06 vxr there for a little over 8k but tbh if was to get another vxr it would have to be newer and most probably off a trusted member from here as i know full well most are very honest .

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                        order the new corsa burg...stunning car to sit on the drive and look after
                        funny you should say that as it was just today i got info through the post from Astons today about the burg and blue edition corsa

Comment

Hell of a dilema u got there, iv got the same iv got my vxr i live 1 miles away from my work drive it about 25 miles a week which costs about a 10er also the monthly paymeants and upkeep of the thing im getting rid and getting a cheaper car but a the same time a nice car, i.e 2 litre diesel audi a4 sline! if i was u id just do the same cheap tax, cheap to run but a nice car!

Comment

get an Astra van mate a few choice mods would look awesome and you could kit out the back for the detailing kit and then you are ready to take detailing out to the world
                            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Working...
                            X