This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling advice

Hi everyone I'm in the process of selling my car looking to go to the dub scene ( r32 ) and currently have my car on eBay , pistonheads here and gumtree looking for 10k for 08 with 28000 on the clock it's not even had a sniff am I asking too much ??

Originally posted by stu49 View Post
    Hi everyone I'm in the process of selling my car looking to go to the dub scene ( r32 ) and currently have my car on eBay , pistonheads here and gumtree looking for 10k for 08 with 28000 on the clock it's not even had a sniff am I asking too much ??
    Be prepared to knock between 1k and 1.5k off that mate if you want rid of it.

I was selling my 55 plate st2 with 87k on the clock last year for 7.5k and getting offered 5.5k, i got 7.2k for it in the end its all about holding out as private sales are hard for joe soap to get that kind of money where as a garage can inflate prices as jo soap relies on getting the car on hp or a loan.

Dont jump at the first offer but be prepared for a lot of jokers and a bit of a sales period.

Took me 3 months and another thing if you have a private plate take it off now as it will Potentially hold up a sale as it take 2 weeks to get off and the new docs through, i lost out twice to this.
    moosh
    I get a Buzz out of life!
    Last edited by moosh; 21 June 2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Great advice re personalised registration!
      sigpic
      Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
        Be prepared to knock between 1k and 1.5k off that mate if you want rid of it.

I was selling my 55 plate st2 with 87k on the clock last year for 7.5k and getting offered 5.5k, i got 7.2k for it in the end its all about holding out as private sales are hard for joe soap to get that kind of money where as a garage can inflate prices as jo soap relies on getting the car on hp or a loan.

Dont jump at the first offer but be prepared for a lot of jokers and a bit of a sales period.

Took me 3 months and another thing if you have a private plate take it off now as it will Potentially hold up a sale as it take 2 weeks to get off and the new docs through, i lost out twice to this.
        Cool I think I may take hit we buy any car is offering me 9k :-(

Comment

Originally posted by stu49 View Post
          Cool I think I may take hit we buy any car is offering me 9k :-(
          Have you tried longy off of here? He is a trader and offers very good prices from what i can gather

Comment

Working...
          X