This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any TV experts

I have seen a really nice tv that i like but its from spain, obviously its brand new, bang up to date and the company is reputable. I have done some digging on the net and with the recent progress of technology i.e. digital tuners and free view boxs there shouldnt be any issue in using a spainish tv in the uk, all the menu settings can set to multiple languages and all the connections such as HDMI are universal throughout the world.

Theres onlky two things that im not sure on:

1/ can a uk plug be put on it as it would no doubt come with a 2 pin plug or would it just be a case of using an adaptor?

2/ will the aerial socket on the back of the tv be the same for a uk lead?

Not sure about answers to your questions,

Do you known what voltage Spain uses 110 or 220 - UK is 220 / 240.

Comment

This place is full of experts

Comment

1. Can you not just get one of them holiday adaptors,

2. I haven't got a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
          Not sure about answers to your questions,

Do you known what voltage Spain uses 110 or 220 - UK is 220 / 240.
          spain veries according to the net from between 210 to 230, uk is 230 average.

it says on the net the voltage wont be an issue, would only be an issue for uk heating / cooking appliances taken out there as with the lower voltage would take longer to cook.

Comment

Is the TV super super cheap or something? Surely there's something over here good enough lol
            VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Yeah you can use an adaptor or put on A 230 plug top.

Nominal voltage here is 230 but it's always 240 plus which is a waste as most appliances etc run most economical on less voltage.

The states an Canada are 110v 55v through through each live conductor. Same as most tempory supply's into building sites in the uk.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Die_hard View Post
                Is the TV super super cheap or something? Surely there's something over here good enough lol
                Jay - I too am slightly confused why you would want to do this but however here are some answers for you;

TV sets operating on the British system (PAL-1) won’t work in Spain as Spain uses the PAL- BG standard so vice versa. However if you just used it as a TV panel plugging in via hdmi or scart for example it would work fine, but if you had to do this as they dont have freeview etc over there and you are merely going to use a foreign TV in the UK you may as well just buy a better "Panel ONLY" ( ie. no internal tuners at all) in the UK and connect as you like ie. HDMI

Edit\;-

1. Most equipment equipment made recently covers 110-240v, however it most would certasinly come with a european plug, the removal of iirc voids your international warranty but you can now buy very clever adapters that the 2pin fit into converting to UK 3pin

2. Yes

hth
                R15VXR
                VXR Nothing comes close
                Last edited by R15VXR; 22 June 2011, 06:28 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Would that be for the old analogue signal rich. Now with the new digital changeover does that still apply??
                  sigpic

Comment

True, but their Digital system TDT is not compat' with Freeview for example AFAIK. most expats use either SKY or FREESAT nowadays.
                    sigpic

Comment

You should have no issues as most TV are either designated to work on 110V or 220V. The 220v devices are all designed to handle regional variations in voltage i.e 240 in the UK, which by the way also varies from place to place in the UK from what I have seen. Mind you the US devices can also handle a variation as well.

The only issue you might have (might and I will explain later) is the TV system they use in Spain. It is probably Pal B/Secam out there and the UK is Pal-I. Now I said might ....why... well simply because all the major manufacturers that I know off so Philips, Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba, Sony etc have for quite some time now been producing multi system sets so this issue is now moot as it is a non issue.

Everything else will be compatable and English you will find is on all electronics devices nowdays that have menus and this even applies to devices only available in Japan and China.

What you may find though with it being an EU mainland device is that the built in DVB tuner will be not only DVB-S but will more then likely be DVB-T and DVB-T2 compatible and have built in digisec compatability (for controlling those motorised satillite dishes that they use out there) and it will also support MPEG2 and MPEG4 sound formats. This is not and issue in the UK but it is an issue in some EU countries as they only use MPEG4 on the Digital terrestial/Sat channels which a UK speciific device might not be able to decode the sound as here tehy use MPEG2. So you get a picture but no sound. This BTW has changed as well on UK tellys the last 2 years as they also tend to be MPEG2/4 compatible.

So again no issues should be encountered and you should be fine. Oh and bear in mind in the EU (mainland) all Electronics like TV etc have a 2 year warrenty as standard, and it is normally pan European so should be covered in the UK as well. But double check that UK is covered as some have exceptions
                      BasilD
                      VXR enough
                      Last edited by BasilD; 22 June 2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Jay, depending on your requirements I would buy a quality "panel with NO tuners" in the UK before buying a foreign TV to use with hdmi in the UK, but if its about styling and you've seen the one you want I suppose that different.

I do know a TV expert now living in Spain, should you want definative answers - pm details of TV
                        sigpic

Comment

cheers for all the replies guys. basically i found a 55" samsung 3d led hdtv wwhich retails over here for £2,000 for £900 including shipping from spain. done some digging and its a scam, one of them too good to be true deals. when i started questioning them suddenly they could supply full uk spec tv although there based in spain, lol. thanks anyway

Comment

All Basil's hard work too lol. Though it was all greek to me. Or double dutch
                            VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

LOL, typical although I would keep well away from 3d TVs as many ppl are finding that it over stretches their eyes/brains and is causing many health issues, but its too early to know the full effects and how many it could potentially effect atm . Wait till the next generation which will be avail' soon......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X