This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel/tyre packages

Guys not sure which route to take so wondered what you would do!

Basically i will need 4 new tyres as all 4 are almost on the little marker think, maybe a mill or so left. Now the dilemma is do i just buy all 4 tyres or do i look to maybe buy new alloys and sell my existing rims?

What kindof money would i be looking at for them, pretty mint condition bar 1 wheel a slight scuff about 1cm long. They are 19 RS alloys obviously. I know value id prob get better feedback on the rs site before its said, i have posted thre but thought you guys may have a usefull view which most do.

If i changed what would you get/go for? Obviously if i change i need a good wheel and tyre package. Moneys not flush at the moment so maybe selling and getting something else could be a good way of doing it for the right deal ? I notice one company does a trade in package which im waiting for details on.

Any help or suggestions would be great as really need to sort this on my poor budget (love big bills insurance time maternity leave and work owing you a small fortune ..... then yey new tyres needed lol!)

Also what are everyone using tyre wise? not feeling the conti's and they are a rip off big time. I wont scrimp and get ditch finders but need good lasting tyres due to mileage!

I mean if tyrea are say 600, but a package is 700/800 and i can shift mine for 300/400 makes sense, but where does good tyre and wheel packages that deliver?

cheers for any input!

I don't know anybody else's opinions. I brought four new alloys and four falken fk452's , fitted and balanced from www.rimstyle.com i brought them for £730. Worked out cheaper then buying 2 conti's for the front in the long run. That was delivered, i went for 17's though, i shouldnt think you'll be far off if you want to keep the 19" theme.
    Crampo09
    VXRacing ahead
    Last edited by Crampo09; 24 June 2011, 08:59 PM.
    Peter: Hey Lois... what's this word? Lois: Evil. Peter: And this one? Lois: Knievel. Peter: And this one? Lois: Was. Peter: And this one? Lois: Born. Peter: And this one? Lois: In. Peter: And this one? Lois: Montana. Peter: Ah... oh, hey Lois did you know Evil Knievel was born in Montana? Family Guy - I Take Thee, Quagmire 04x21

Comment

cheers for the input bud.

Comment

just looked, only bbs alloys it seems. nearly 2k! ouch no thanks lol

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
          just looked, only bbs alloys it seems. nearly 2k! ouch no thanks lol
          Ouch, must admit, didnt look on there for anything bigger then 18"s when i was buying. Do you want to stick to 19's?
          Peter: Hey Lois... what's this word? Lois: Evil. Peter: And this one? Lois: Knievel. Peter: And this one? Lois: Was. Peter: And this one? Lois: Born. Peter: And this one? Lois: In. Peter: And this one? Lois: Montana. Peter: Ah... oh, hey Lois did you know Evil Knievel was born in Montana? Family Guy - I Take Thee, Quagmire 04x21

Comment

on the RS ideally yes. Considered 18's but as im not tracking it not much point really. Unless theres an utter bargain out there on say pro race 1.2's etc???

Comment

I got the revo's from demon tweeks, £565 and toyo t1-r's for 87 quid each when bought with the alloys buddy
              sigpic

Comment

Paul, i bought my td's and tyres then sold the snowflakes for effectively over half the cost of the package so worth considering doing this mate
                Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Just get the tyres;

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Mi...uper-Sport.htm

Costco at Manchester - special deal...............they were doing 20% off Mich's for 4 fitted with Nitrogen filled too.

or

camskill
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
                    I got the revo's from demon tweeks, £565 and toyo t1-r's for 87 quid each when bought with the alloys buddy
                    gonna cost me that just for tyres!

Originally posted by Novus View Post
                    Paul, i bought my td's and tyres then sold the snowflakes for effectively over half the cost of the package so worth considering doing this mate
                    this is what im thinking but its what would suit the rs mate? Most wheels seem daft priced lol

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                    Just get the tyres;

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Mi...uper-Sport.htm

Costco at Manchester - special deal...............they were doing 20% off Mich's for 4 fitted with Nitrogen filled too.

or

camskill
                    they are a cracking tyre apparently, how much where they doing it for though rich?

Comment

Working...
                    X