This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Hit the Bottom Rating in the JD Power League

2011 results state that Vauxhall is 28th out of 28 for this years results.

Hardly suprising from the impression I get from my local dealers.........

oh dear not good.........

in truth as we all know it is the dealer network that lets vaux down badly and puts many off as in general you just get fobbed off or treated like a moron ,although the cars didnt seem to fair to well in there classes either by the look of things.....
    Novus
    VXR Torque of the Devil
    Last edited by Novus; 27 June 2011, 11:02 AM.
    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Pay no attention to JD power, results are flawed and questionable.

In a non automotive industry where i once worked it was implied that JD power results can be influenced by back handers.
      sigpic

Comment

Not necersarily, due to what I do for work, i have the results from the last 3 years in front of me and Vauxhall have failed to meet the average in that time.

Comment

What makes me take their results with a pinch of salt is that a mobile phone firm I used to work for got consistantly got good results, then one day our CEO emailed us all to say that we are no longer going to be paying JD Powers licensing fee to be able to quote the results, and then as he predicted on the next rounds there were less than favourable results despite other internal and external surverys reporting otherwise.
          sigpic

Comment

But the companies that spend millions on their staff training per year are all in the top three I guess correct staff training gets you a very long way in improving the customer service satisfaction and overall view of the company

Comment

Originally posted by topdog
              As the dealerships are all FRANCHISES it's down to poor management and training,nothing to do with VAUXHALL as a company imo!!!!
              Totally true, i was lucky all our main dealers up this neck of the woods are first class!

I love vauxhall!

Further more if you dont like vauxhall sell your vauxhall and buy an Audi! you wont complain about vauxhall again as Audi really really do suck and nothing but bloody hassle and dont help at all!!

Ive only ever had great dealings with vauxhall and been running them for 14 years...
              moosh
              I get a Buzz out of life!
              Last edited by moosh; 27 June 2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by topdog
                As the dealerships are all FRANCHISES it's down to poor management and training,nothing to do with VAUXHALL as a company imo!!!!
                Yep Shame the JD Power survey never mention that, never mind let the forum trolls do there worst and slag the brand off even though they still get in the car with the VX badge on the bonnet, no amount of training will keep the trolls at bay
                sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

And i love the fact I get slated for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Kayla View Post
                    And i love the fact I get slated for having an opinion
                    Who slagged you?!

Comment

How exactly does this company compile the results?

If from public survery then that is unfair as they will not question people visiting every dealership.
                      If from internet poll then that is unfair because people rate customer service differently and can lie about being at a dealership.
                      We know the data does not come from the dealership, who would say "Yep, we are crap!"

The only results worth reading would be those which rate each dealer individually and those experiences coming from the same person, so expectations are not so wildy different from the offset. Somebodies idea of a 'great' server is the next persons idea of an 'average' service etc...

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                        Further more if you dont like vauxhall sell your vauxhall and buy an Audi! you wont complain about vauxhall again as Audi really really do suck and nothing but bloody hassle and dont help at all!!
                        If i bought a car on results alone then I wouldnt buy an Audi, id buy a lexus........

Comment

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-p...-tables/250115

A lot is based on reliability and as far as im aware its not based on 'local dealerships'

Comment

If i bought a car on results alone then I wouldnt buy an Audi, id buy a lexus........
                            But then you wouldnt look cool

Comment

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-p...-tables/250115

A lot is based on reliability and as far as im aware its not based on 'local dealerships'
                              Dealerships are a part of the ranking -

What was assessed?
                              The survey was split into four sections: vehicle quality and reliability, vehicle appeal, service satisfaction and ownership costs. The first section allowed owners to comment on any faults or problems the cars suffered; the second recorded what they thought about the design of their cars and how well they did their job; and the third and fourth sections gave owners the chance to comment on the quality of service dealers provided, and how satisfied or appalled they were with costs they ran up.

How was the overall score decided?
                              The weighting accorded to the different categories was dictated by the surveys themselves, so if owners rated a section as particularly important it was given greater emphasis. The total scores awarded by owners were split as follows: vehicle quality and reliability (24%), vehicle appeal (37%), dealer service satisfaction (17%), and ownership costs (22%). The same weightings were used in the previous two years, so you can compare results.

Why isn’t every new car on the market here?
                              Every survey received was assessed. Depending on how the respondent filled it in, the questionnaire was deemed to be clean or dirty. To qualify as a classified model at least 50 clean surveys of that car were required. However, any other clean questionnaires received were still permitted to contribute to the manufacturer’s overall score.

Who was surveyed?
                              Owners asked to take part in the survey were approached randomly. They represented all ages of car owner who live in the UK, from 17 upwards.

Astra

Comment

Working...
                              X