X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVON ZZ3's

Sorry another tyre thread lol

Avon ZZ3's, anyone ran these? what are they like for wear and handling etc?

got em on mine ,grip is good but to early to pass judgement on other things like wear etc,sorry
    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

mixed reviews, some say brilliant (rs owner and 1 st and one vxr) few say awful. Concerned about the wear on them.

Comment

70 notes cheaper found than vreds on a deal, which would you get?

Comment

i had vreds over rated imo. maybe a decent tyre for pottering around but give it some and they lose grip easily but pretty predictable fun i suppose if you like sliding. i would not get them again.

never tried avons

Comment

zz3's are poo, all they have done for me is ruin the side walls and blister. never use them again

Comment

Zz3

I got ZZ3 on the back and did have them on front, I changed and trust me im going back. I had em on a Seat Diesel company car all round and they handled really well. My VXR was good on grip aswell with them on the front. I did 13.8 at pod on em STD map so grip is there.
              Remus Cat Back down pipe, Dap Rs. 13.8 on 1/4 mile 259.7 bhp on the rollers STANDARD MAP!!!

Comment

I've got ZZ3's on the front of mine atm and i like them. Grip is very good in dry and i would consider fair in the wet; your limits and the road conditions, etc....

I have and would recommend to others.
                Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                sigpic
                Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

cheers for all the input.

Odd how mixed these tyres reviews are!!!

some say awful, some say good. How are they on road noise? and wear, i do serious mileage and need them to last!

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                    cheers for all the input.

Odd how mixed these tyres reviews are!!!

some say awful, some say good. How are they on road noise? and wear, i do serious mileage and need them to last!
                    7k miles on mine and still doing well as far as i can see.

Noise is average; doesn't help that they're directional i guess.

Like all things mate its personal opinion in the end.
                    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                    sigpic
                    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

i know tom, really struggling to decied and sort at the moment, never had it were budget played such a key part so its unusual for me.

Comment

had some fitted to mine a few months ago and done 3k on then and there only at 6.5MM now (7MM new) and thats with a trip to EVO triangle with this lot and they stud up really well (mainly mileage done on motorways), good in wet and dry and WILL be getting them again!

hope this helps ya mate

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Eamonn used to run these on his veccy and had 3 blow outs.

Comment

Thats the only problem i had but i think it was down the the fitter. i had 2 that im guessing lost pressure causing the rim to run on the edge of the tyre. but i did bout 15-20k on em in the SEAT. i havnt had a problem with any on the VXR
                            Remus Cat Back down pipe, Dap Rs. 13.8 on 1/4 mile 259.7 bhp on the rollers STANDARD MAP!!!

Comment

What cost are they

Camskill doing Verstiens for 135 a corner atm on special

Comment

Working...
                              X