This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodwood festival of speed

Is anyone going to goodwood festival of speed this weekend? Or more to the point has anyone ever been and think its worth going? Ive been invited to go as a +1 with my partners work on Saturday and to be honest im quite thick and had never actually heard of it (but was swiftly knocked back and told its quite a big thing to go to!) Ive had a look at the website and it looks all a bit toffee nosed for me but thought id double check and see what other people think!!

If i could i would but that may well be a man's perspective and that of someone that hasn't been
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

I don't think it features Vx at all! I got offered tickets for £10 but couldn't go cos of wrk! I'm sure itll be worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyc2010 View Post
        I don't think it features Vx at all! I got offered tickets for £10 but couldn't go cos of wrk! I'm sure itll be worth a look
        iirc the GTC will be at Goodwood and possibly the E3
        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Yes i go every year,its a great event lots of top cars there,if you are into motorsport its the place to be you can get up close to all the latest cars F1 ,Rally super cars exotics bikes the lot and see them all racing up the hill.All the main car makers are there on display.Lots to see and do .Many motorsport drivers attend each year,seen Webber Button and Hamilton last year along with Moto GP riders.Oh and lots of Vx,s

Comment

Originally posted by anna200289 View Post
            Is anyone going to goodwood festival of speed this weekend? Or more to the point has anyone ever been and think its worth going? Ive been invited to go as a +1 with my partners work on Saturday and to be honest im quite thick and had never actually heard of it (but was swiftly knocked back and told its quite a big thing to go to!) Ive had a look at the website and it looks all a bit toffee nosed for me but thought id double check and see what other people think!!
            If you like your motorsport (rally, F1, historic, bikes etc ), this is one event in the year you just cant afford to miss even if its one of the most expensive !

Comment

Never been, But brought a ticket for dad for fathers day and one for me for the sunday Always watch the highlights on tv. Looks awesome day out, Can't wait.
              Peter: Hey Lois... what's this word? Lois: Evil. Peter: And this one? Lois: Knievel. Peter: And this one? Lois: Was. Peter: And this one? Lois: Born. Peter: And this one? Lois: In. Peter: And this one? Lois: Montana. Peter: Ah... oh, hey Lois did you know Evil Knievel was born in Montana? Family Guy - I Take Thee, Quagmire 04x21

Comment

Originally posted by Crampo09 View Post
                Never been, But brought a ticket for dad for fathers day and one for me for the sunday Always watch the highlights on tv. Looks awesome day out, Can't wait.

You wont be disappointed even if the weather is unkind to you

Comment

Go, even if you are half a petrol head you will have a great time

Comment

I'm going on Sunday,

The range of machinery going up the hill is worth seeing and hearing, plus the stuff either side of the track is a great way to spend the day,

Rally stage is good too
                    The adventure is over, Blue Beast, gone

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                      iirc the GTC will be at Goodwood and possibly the E3
                      GTC (Not the one in the box as thats at billing this wekend) and Ampera. Also the 60's concept XVR (Not a typo) and the Astra 4-S rally car, read here
                      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

I went over to goodwood yesterday with my family. I have to say it was brilliant, although the tickets are expensive. Saw some gorgeous cars giving it the beans up the hill, and saw a load of stars such as Jenson button, ken block, Jason Plato and sir stirling moss. Oh and if you've never heard a formula 1 car up close doing burnouts, its one thing you definitely have to experience!
                        Astra Edition #105
                        Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Working...
                        X