This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a private Reg...HELP

I have someone coming to view my VXR on saturday with the intention of buying and it completly slipped my mind about my private reg!!

I have tried to ring the DVLA but after 17,000 different options of pressing 1,2,3,4 i got no where and hung up.

i know you have to download a form and send it of to the local DVLA office...but that can take 2 weeks, is there a way of doing it in 1 day? like they do with the passports

if i was to go to my local dvla office with all the stuff could they do it there and then.

or does anybody have a number that connects to an actual speaking person?

cheers for any help
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

you can take all your stuff to your local dvla office mate and they will process it there and then.although your v5 will be sent of but they give you the green slip with cherished transfer stamped on it back to you,they will reissue your tax and mot if applicable and you need to tell insurance of the reg change pal.i do it with mine so is possible... hth....
    sapphire black vectra vxr lowered on H&R`s,tints all round,main cat delete,center silencer delete.mapped by rabbid,302.4bhp,420lb torque

Comment

You may find out that your local DVLA office have to send the details off, and thus can not be done on one day.

Have you tried ringing your local DVLA office

Comment

find your main dvla..................the one in mcr has a car park,.......... take the original plates tax disc ins cert and mot and v5 and some sticky pads, go early, cant remember how much it costs to put yours on a retention but around 80 squids they will do the paperwork that you need to be road legal..............tax disc there and then and they generally put the car back to the original numbers so if youve kept the original plates its possible to do the changeover in their carpark.
        Son of the Clyde a roaming went
        Sinned aplenty, much to repent
        loved and lost, gave and took
        Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Shrewsburys really good and close to us dude, there abig car park too so parking isnt a worry unlike birmingham branch, dont think you can get it done in the day though.

Comment

its right about the v5 tho,........ they dont change it there and then...................dunno why. but that could hold up any possible sale...........they generally take a couple of weeks to come back I guess if the buyer wants the car enuff he wll e happy to wait for v5

Comment

cant get through to the dvla to ask them if it can be done in a day...... i would pop to the shrewsbury dvla office.

what i need to do is get my private plate transferred of my vxr and onto my quad bike.

by doing this will the original number plate ( the one the vxr left the forecourt with) then be issused onto the vxr by default?

Comment

you can defo get it done in a day ive done it 3 times now...........

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                  by doing this will the original number plate ( the one the vxr left the forecourt with) then be issused onto the vxr by default?
                  Usually yes, but on an odd occasion you may be issued a different number.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

mine have always gone back to the original numbers but apparantly it doesnt always happen

Comment

So i should be all good if i take my VXR V5, VXR Insurance, VXR Tax disc........What about VXR MOT?

also if i am changing it over onto my quad bike will i need all the above for that too?

Comment

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...tes/DG_4022576

Have a look on here, loads of useful info for you.

Comment

just spoke to a woman at dvla she has said that i couldnt go and do it on the day the minimum it will take is 2 weeks if i was to go down to the local dvla office it would just cut out the posatge time from me posting the letter to it getting to the office............it takes anywhere between 2-4 weeks to do

Comment

dont get it......................ive done it 3 times twice for myself and once for my daughters car, can it be different in different places?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                              dont get it......................ive done it 3 times twice for myself and once for my daughters car, can it be different in different places?
                              was that recently?

Comment

Working...
                              X