This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison websites..Waste of time?

Insurance time has come around so I thought right this time I'm really going to shop around. So many hours of stabbing details into various sites plus the usual "we don't use website" companies. Of course the prices went from plain stupid to not bad.

So I rang up my usual provider and asked if they could beat the best quote I'd had to date. "No chance" they said "but see what happens when you try to buy!"

This made me think. So I rang up the company with the best quote @£408.97 and by the time I'd quoted the reference number I'd been given the price had gone up £20 then the questions started. By the time they finished and they'd put me on hold for the umpteenth time they came back with a price of £980!!! I thanked him for wasting 40minutes of my life and hung up!

So in short I spent three evenings or so doing the rounds for prices and ended up going back to my original company

This got me thinking are they all a bunch of con artists just trying to fish you in with quotes that they have absolutely no intention of giving you. I just felt I was being asked questions from a script that TBH I've never been asked before. The price was going up with each answer for example do you work nights. What factory extras has your car. (This was because I'd been honest with the modification section) The price went up because I answered yes to using it to go on holiday! So on and so forth.

Anyone else had this????
    Kentec inside

I find comparison sites still give a general list of who's the cheapest for you but take the price seen with a pinch of salt. There's always the added extras on to think about wehn you see the lowest price quoted, such as protected no claims, legal expenses, lower excess etc. Then if your car isn't standard it's going to put the already inflated cost up even more. I usually do a few comparison websites, end up ringing maybe 2 of them, then also ringing round the usual ones generally used on this forums.... (pinched from another thread).....

Keith Michaels:

Tel: 0845 3373380

Adrian Flux:

Tel: 0800 0838833

Greenlight: £497.00

Tel: 0127 7280465

Chris Knott:

Tel: 0800 9172274

Performance Direct:

Tel: 0844 5733505

Swinton Performance:

Tel: 0800 0727678

HIC Insurance:

Tel: 0800 4791705

A Plan Insurance:

Tel: 0800 0739245
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Add Elephant and Esure onto that list going from what people post on here.
      VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

esure for past 2 years for me
        2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Like so

Comment

Working...
          X