This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K Sports?

Not many posts on the actual K Sport pads from searching on here.

Has anyone got KSport brake setup and running the standard K Sport pads? Are they any good or as bad as I've read on the very few reviews I can find? What would be the best pad to get if the car's never going to be tracked - ie K sport pad good enough / EBC blue/red/yellow stuff?
    Die_hard
    VXR Die_Hard Stormtrooper.
    Last edited by Die_hard; 6 July 2011, 09:25 PM.
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Well Crazy james killed a set of Ksport pads in 3-4 laps of the ring and i mena killed

go with EBC reds or yellows mate

Comment

Cheers. How long ago was this mate? More than a few months ago?

Only ask as a couple of people have said the K Sport pads are meant to be a lot better now (last few months), however, both those people have heard it from someone else....
      VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Well i thought James was 1 of the 1st to buy a kit and he killed them in the last few months so the pads may have been broken ????

PM him mate might be best i dont know full details except i saw his pads and disks lol

Comment

I have james brakes now, They came with ebc yellow pads which have had the edges taken down. not tested them yet (at the coachworks getting painted)

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

He sold them to you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
              I have james brakes now, They came with ebc yellow pads which have had the edges taken down. not tested them yet (at the coachworks getting painted)
              U still got the regal ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                He sold them to you ?

whats so funny ralph?

Originally posted by BIG J View Post
                U still got the regal ones?
                still on my car but soon as they come off my mate is having them.

Comment

When i spoke to him at the ring he was p!ssed at the pads but said was happy once the Yellow stuff went on and they was spot on

Wasnt aware he was selling them, is he getting rid of the car then, i know he was talking about RS's so i take it hes gone that route ?

Comment

yeah he has stripped most parts from it but think he may still have the astra at the mo.

I should have them back this afternoon and on the car this weekend

Comment

Well ill be interesting to here your thoughts on them cause they are on my list of things to investigate for my car

Comment

The Ksport pads that originally came with the kit are not the same pads as now. They were the first gen pads and TBH were not the best. The new pads are new pads entirely and made by EBC. TBH there is very little difference between these new pads and the yellowstuff pads, which prompted me to ask EBC if they were the same pad. They would not tell me either way but if you speak to APEX (the uk distrubuter) they might confirm this.

But if your sole purpose is track then you have choices from EBC bluestuff NDX pads (I have not tried them on my Ksports but have tried them in my mates Evo and they are very very good), Pagid RS range of pads (my favourite male of pads) and even DS2500 pads. None are EC90 approved in Ksport fittment so not really road legal. You crash and insurance finds out goodbye any claim.

If you want a road and occasional track pad then the yellows might just be the ticket for you and they are road legal (i.e. EC90 approved). They are okay and for the money actually really really good (I never rated these before as had some bad experiences with them in the past (OEM calipers) but after trying them in the ksports am more then happy to use them). Having said all this I only use my car on road so cannot say if they are fine on track although EBC reckon for occasional use they should be fine.

Comment

Thanks Basil. Have ordered the yellows although I won't be tracking my car.

Someone told me last night that K Sports are renowned for being awful for squeaking . I hope they're not like that once bedded in or I'm going to be reeeeeally peed off...

Comment

Originally posted by Die_hard View Post
                            Thanks Basil. Have ordered the yellows although I won't be tracking my car.

Someone told me last night that K Sports are renowned for being awful for squeaking . I hope they're not like that once bedded in or I'm going to be reeeeeally peed off...
                            Squeeking disappears after a few hundred miles.

Comment

Mine still squeek after 1k miles but only when pads/discs are warm and only at very low speeds.

This could be down to my bedding in technique or just a trait of the bluestuff pads.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Working...
                              X