This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mans best Friend - RIP

Well i haven't been on here that much over the last week due to work being crazy busy and my internet at home being down But that said this is one of those self-satisfying threads where you're glad you've put what you have lol

We lost our dog last week Those that know me and have been round my house know that 'Podge' (or Podgey no Belly as his full registered name read) was a fantastic dog. He was a Golden Lab and was wicked.

The worst thing was that he was still a young dog; only 8(ish)

When trying to chase a squirrel last weekend (2nd) he pulled up and yelped. Booked into the vets (3rd) and they suggested his arthritis had hit a pressure point and was causing him hassle. Come the following day it was far from getting better and he was losing all use of his back legs; couldn't walk or stand and just generally not happy
    They advised us that it was looking less likely to be arthritis and more likely to be spinal (prolapsed or collapsed disc) booking him in for an x ray (4th for the 5th).

Trip to the vets and was advised that an X ray wasn't going to work; We had the option of an MRI and possible surgery etc or to end the suffering early

Not a nice decision to make but the suffering was too much He wasn't happy and the frustration in losing his back legs and not being able to move wasn't nice to watch

So RIP Podge

Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Oh so sorry to hear about your loss That must of been truely heartbreaking

RIP Podgey no Belly

Nicky x

Comment

Aw hun, what a stunning lab he was too x Really sorry to hear, i know it's not easy to find comfort in the fact you did what was right for him, but it would have been harder to bear if you'd left him in pain x

Comment

RIP Podge.....plenty of squirrels in heaven to chase.
        sorry for your loss Tom.
        sigpic

Comment

I've just had to go through the same thing mate. 16 years old mine was and I'm 20 so pretty much grew up with the thing and you do get attached. Was the same problem with yours as well arthritis as well as not eating, at the time I couldn't get my head straight with getting her put to sleep but believe me mate it will be the best thing you've done and won't be in pain any longer.

Comment

RIP Podge.

Tom gutted to hear this and sorry for the loss, I know Podge was a dear member of your family and a big character in his own right, and always welcoming when we come through the gate, although his tongue was a bit rough when licking my legs lol
            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Sorry to hear this buddy at least he isn't in any pain tho chin up bud
              sigpic

Comment

RIP Podge. Dogs are members of the family and it's awful when anything happens to them
                VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

sorry to hear this tom. Looked like an absolutley lovely dog.
                  And remember he may of gone young but he had 8 years in a great home. That's what matters mate
                  Hope u feel better soon mate

Comment

Sorry to hear the sad news, you made an informed decision and tbh I would have made the very same choice...

RIP Podge.

Comment

Cheers for the comments guys and girls. You really don't realise how much they are part of the family until they're gone. I was home alone saturday and thats pretty much when it hit me because you turn around and.... they're not there

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                      I've just had to go through the same thing mate. 16 years old mine was and I'm 20 so pretty much grew up with the thing and you do get attached. Was the same problem with yours as well arthritis as well as not eating, at the time I couldn't get my head straight with getting her put to sleep but believe me mate it will be the best thing you've done and won't be in pain any longer.
                      It does make sense mate. It was horrible sat looking at him that morning and he was just sat there, unable to do what he wants

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                      RIP Podge.

Tom gutted to hear this and sorry for the loss, I know Podge was a dear member of your family and a big character in his own right, and always welcoming when we come through the gate, although his tongue was a bit rough when licking my legs lol
                      Indeed he was mate. He was always the same as well, always first to the gate and always walking in a zig zag because his tail wagged too hard

Another pic He was a good looking dog lol

EDIT: Probably also worth noting that as devastating losing a member of your family, albeit a dog, is i spent the best part of the morning before i left to work just sat with him so in a way i found my way through and past it. I won't lie, typing this you still get blurry eyed but i know we did the right thing.
                      Last edited by Tom_Y2K4; 13 July 2011, 12:10 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

That just brought a tear to my eye

Rip podge

Hope you n the family are ok

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

Awww so sorry to hear it mate, I have a chocolate labrador who is around 10 so I know how much of a friend you've lost
                          Broke my heart when my boxer had to be put down, you just have to remember good times and seeing the dog happy :-)

Comment

Tom there is always space for another dog, yeah he/she wont be the same but they're unique in there own right.

Since I've been alive we've had 7 different dogs (2 or 3 at a time one point even 4) and they all have there own uniqueness and all been great.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                              Tom there is always space for another dog, yeah he/she wont be the same but they're unique in there own right.

Since I've been alive we've had 7 different dogs (2 or 3 at a time one point even 4) and they all have there own uniqueness and all been great.
                              Def agree. We lost our first dog at 18 months (he was the runt of the litter and had some serious problems! 2 holes in the heart and 3 leaky valves) but Podge helped us get over that loss. The next pup has some big paw prints to fill
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X