X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of selling up

Getting a bit fed up with the vxr tbh.

Few points rely

1. Local police are cracking down hard on problem hot hatch drivers, and I keep getting caught in the net, no problems but after repeated stops it's getting annoying.

2. Vxr is getting a bit tired, prices are dropping and I'm seeing more and more about.

3. the Chav factor is increasing by the day and I'm started to get tarnished with the same brush.

Been looking at audi's and rely want a TT-RS but funds simply won't allow one, so been looking at a S3 or TT-S until I can save enough for a RS

Has anybody gone for one of these after the vxr
    Last edited by moeman; 17 July 2011, 10:06 PM.

dont think you can put this up mate (whats it worth)

burgs are holding but good luck what ever you decide mate

Comment

For me TT is a bit girly. I wonder whether you'll find the S3 a bit straight laced after the 'burg.
      sigpic
      Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
        For me TT is a bit girly. I wonder whether you'll find the S3 a bit straight laced after the 'burg.
        Old TT yes I agree but I love the new ones.

Did think this about the s3 but with revo stage 2+ and 360-380bhp I think it should be good fun

Comment

Originally posted by arden_blue_vxr View Post
          Old TT yes I agree but I love the new ones.

Did think this about the s3 but with revo stage 2+ and 360-380bhp I think it should be good fun
          I'm the opposite on the TTs. Although the first one was apparantly rubbish to drive I think the new one is more feminine.

S3 - quicker for sure but I still think it may feel a little too sensible.

Let us know what you go for!
          sigpic
          Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

Stick with it mate, make it individual and different from the others around you're area. I've noticed a few chavs in my area with ardens now so I'm going to make mine different to theirs!!
            sigpic
            Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
            Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Keep the burg, if you like the car. After all they are gettin more n more ltd!! Jus put your mark on it n dont copy everyone. Audi`s are pretty girlie`fied.
              Nurburgring Astra #451, the old faithful. Ls2 VXR8 in Impulse Blue.#58. 1 of Only 15 manuals.

Comment

08 burg getting a bit tired thats not good.
                Stage 2 black VXR gone - rabbid tuned Stage 3 303 sold 9/2014
                Now Revo stage 4+ forged Mk2 Focus RS

Comment

Originally posted by 20vT. View Post
                  08 burg getting a bit tired thats not good.
                  I don't mean my burg is having problems, it's mint, I mean the vxr scene is getting tired, but then I have been in one for nearly 5 years.

I sold my mk4 gsi for this very reason, and now every Chav and his staff has one.

I fancy going a bit more under the radar, and tbh for the driving I do a dsg box is looking more and more tempting

Comment

Chavs have only just discovered the Nova around these parts, you'd understand completely when you notice the boy playing a banjo in dungarees sitting on the wall into the city.

Anyway, on topic. You don't have to pay much attention to the chavs although I would understand that get harrassed by the police would get annoying eventually, I haven't had that trouble here. But hey, when you get out of the VXR just make sure you don't look like a chav. Jeans, Cats and plain top are a good start. And if the police thing is really getting you down you could always write a letter to your local MP, claim you are being victimised or discriminately targetted because of the vehicle you drive... that might not come to anything but if you then have to write again and have no motoring convictions then the MP should move into action. All you have to say is that the distress is causing you to sell up on a car that costs nearly £20,000 and that means you inevidebly lose money on a car which you should be normally be happy to keep because of Lifetime Warrantee. Some of that might not be so true because of the age of vehicle but hey, get desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by arden_blue_vxr View Post
                      Getting a bit fed up with the vxr tbh.

Few points rely

1. Local police are cracking down hard on problem hot hatch drivers,

3. the Chav factor is increasing by the day and I'm started to get tarnished with the same brush.
                      2 years and NEVER had anything to do with the Police except when 1 said he liked it and wanted one himself

CHAV!!!!!????!!!!What exactly is it and says who?? and why bother about what other people think anyway??? Im proud of my car luv her to bits..shes individual and different from the ordinary borin cars on the road and I dont give a rats *** what people think of it!!! ..she's mine and she's worth it
                      If you loved ur car you wouldn't care what people think, and you wouldn't feel the need to consider selling it
                      Last edited by L'Oreal VXR; 19 July 2011, 12:21 AM.
                      The Devil's In The Dance ...
                      Arden Blue Corsa, S+L, 18" Gloss Black Wheels, AFL, Team Heko Tinted Deflectors, Dark Smoke Tints, online Stickers, Il Dottores #46 numero uno ammiratore and FINALY Sparco harnesses!

Comment

Working...
                      X