X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car To Buy Or Not To Buy

That is the question.

Ive seen this CLICK ME and to say i really do like the Seat Leons its the 185bhp one even though Parkers dont list one on their website?? confused me abit.

Obvisouly its not going to be as quick as my corsa but REVO are claiming to be able to remap it to nearly 250BHP which i feel is crazy. What you guys think? some reason it is cheap and i love the silver.
    Corsa Has Left The Building

I vote no on that one. Bit dull for my liking.
    sigpic
    Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

It is dull compared top the VXRs but ive got a little one coming in Jan so its family life now

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
        It is dull compared top the VXRs but ive got a little one coming in Jan so its family life now
        Fair enough. I had to sell my Scooby because it's a touch small for our new arrival. Managed to convince Mrs Nost that 'R8 perfect family car based on large boot and interior room
        sigpic

Comment

I think they remap well mate so it might not be far off the mark. I'd go for a different colour
          sigpic
          Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
          Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
            Fair enough. I had to sell my Scooby because it's a touch small for our new arrival. Managed to convince Mrs Nost that 'R8 perfect family car based on large boot and interior room
            I would Love a VXR8 but im saving for my wedding which is next & deposit for a house so funds will not allow lol

Originally posted by Red Ice VXR View Post
            I think they remap well mate so it might not be far off the mark. I'd go for a different colour
            I love Silver its the best colour i have noticed theres LOADS of Black Leons, but ill never own a Black car again, im sure the engines in these are bullet proof so ive read!

Comment

I love Silver its the best colour i have noticed theres LOADS of Black Leons, but ill never own a Black car again, im sure the engines in these are bullet proof so ive read!
              I like silver as well mate it is a nice colour but I just think silver makes this car in particular look boring and less sporty, I'd go with white or black
              sigpic
              Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
              Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Does any one know what these 2.0tfsi engines are like?

Comment

I believe they are the same as in Golf Gti but may be a different state of tune. Very smooth, decent poke but not particularly characterful.
                  sigpic

Comment

if you like the car then go for it , there very tunable .

Comment

Which turbo does it have? Ko3 as a guess????

Comment

i think they may have got the wrong details on there - I don't remember a leon being 185 bhp. I could be wrong though!

They are nice cars - although I did think that these had the 197 bhp version engine - maybe they have put up the old leon before this one details - as there was a sport version and then later on they changed it so the sport had a less tuned engine when the fr came out - I am not doing anymore mods to mine as missus has said I can get a insignia in two years time (wedding next year which she is paying for) - hopefully I can stretch to a vxr version as I only do about 6000 miles a year.
                        Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

Comment

Thats what i was thinking gazza i could not see on parkers a 185bhp one might give them a bell and check up on it

Comment

We used to see some in with the box gone in bits due to mapping but i think it was mickey mouse tuners.

Check out superchips for mapping as well as they map well also on the VAG range.

The TFSI i know in the golfs are bad for using oil and can sound a bit ticky?!

PaulK would be the soldier to ask he knows the petrol side of the VAG group better than i do he had an Edt 30 previously...

Comment

Not very nice in standard form. They look ok with the btcc kit and the cupra model with centre exit exhaust

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Working...
                              X