This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Awareness Course (Rant)

Right so i got caught speeding not long ago (yes, speeding, so if you're planning on posting telling me i get what i deserve or anything of the sort then do us all a favour and save your energy and leave the thread quietly)

I got a letter from the Essex police offering me the speed awareness course, with the option to book the course either in Essex or anyhwere nationally. So, i thought i'd log on to the national database and find a course near me, i did. Great. That is until i tried ringing them, again and again and again. Two days later, still no answer. That's got to be the 'busiest' call centre i've ever tried to contact in my life So i try logging on to the essex courses to book, type in the link they gave me and get re-directed to a site giving me information about becoming a foster parent... useful information probably, but not to me.

So i phone the number on the letter, to my surprise a guy called 'ken' answers the phone in a matter of seconds, thinking i've had a right stroke of luck i start to tell him whats going on and he interrupts me saying FFS not another one of these calls. Turns out he is nothing to do with essex police and the poor guys number is being given in error on hundreds if not thousands of speed awareness letters.

So, i was stuck with no other option than to ring the essex police directly, (another useless unhelpful bunch i might add) who had no idea what to do and no idea that their letters they were sending are a complete *uck-tastrophe. So i rang the herts county council (where i'm planning to do the course) and finally spoke to a very helpful lady who was about as pi55ed of as i was with it all and pointed me in the right direction and finally got everything sorted. Well, that was until the payment page died and gave me an error when entering my payment details so i have no idea whether the payment has gone through or not and am still waiting for a phone call back to sort it out.

Are the essex police seriously this bloody useless or have i just been unlucky? I can't honestly believe that they can be so disorganised. Anyone else had dealings with them?

(Sorry for the rant people)
    Last edited by VXRBats; 21 July 2011, 05:27 PM.

they are not useless .. they are well reem !!

sounds like a case to dismiss the points altogether !! (wishes !!) .. for a set up to be run like that im suprised "ken" hasnt gone to watchdog or something !!

hope you sort it dude !!
    sigpic
    www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
    the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Sorry to hear that mark!

points are the most gayist thing & sounds like you got some right dim wits messing you around! where u get caught mate, if you dont mind me asking?
      BLACK VXR CS stage 3, 3" Scorpion, Forge FMIC, Ksports, Quaife LSD, Revos, 3 Gauge, Dynabeams, Forge recirc & actuator, DAP-Rs, RARB, Team Heko's, Percy Cdti, cool running thermostat, Blue SMD's and white LED number plate bulbs.
      **Progress thread here!**

Comment

haha, sounds like the entire essex police admin is as thick as they are reem then :P

I won't have grounds for dismissal, it wouldn't be worth trying tbh. Have got it sorted now but it's just alarming that given the number of people caught on a daily basis that are no doubt ending up with massive fines for not responding in the 14 days because they physically can't with the numbers and contact details they give!

Got done back in May mate, was cruising back from southend with the lads at like 1am and didn't notice the speed limit change from 50 to 40 on a dual carriageway and got done at 46

Comment

Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

If I was Ken I would of asked for your bank details lmao could you imagine how much he could rake in
            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

haha that's a good point you know, imagine how many of those letters are in circulation?! he could be raking it in. He did sound as though he was genuinely sick to the back teeth with it all though, poor bloke.

As for the karma comment, there's always gotta be one hasn't there

Comment

yeh that road to and from south end for us is so tempting but there are so many cameras round there!

will have to pop over soon for a catch up
                BLACK VXR CS stage 3, 3" Scorpion, Forge FMIC, Ksports, Quaife LSD, Revos, 3 Gauge, Dynabeams, Forge recirc & actuator, DAP-Rs, RARB, Team Heko's, Percy Cdti, cool running thermostat, Blue SMD's and white LED number plate bulbs.
                **Progress thread here!**

Comment

haha i wouldn't mind but we were just chilling on cruise control at the time, was third or fourth in the convoy and must have just being doing a couple of mph more than the guys infront cos i was the only one who got flashed

Comment

Well that "one" is normally me lol

So this time I'm glad it's you lmao

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

Working...
                    X