This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi !!!!

Speaking to a mate whos old man owns a taxi firm today and he said bout the mileage i guess 270,000 not even close its a vec est 2.0 diesel its had two clutches 2nd had a box aswell thats it and its done 475.000miles and the engine is as sweet as a nut. Puts ur trust in vauxhalls.
    sigpic

yeah, there are a few cars that get this kinda lifespan, its not make specific, just get some cars that never give in
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Yeah lot of the fellas round here use octavias and there avg 200k but its the highest iv seen so far.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vxraaron View Post
        Yeah lot of the fellas round here use octavias and there avg 200k but its the highest iv seen so far.
        seem to remember reading an article in a vauxhall magazine about a guy who had an old cavalier for donkeys years, and never had a single problem with it. That had some ridiculous number on the clock, though i can't really remember what it was.
        W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

When i worked at my old work the bloke reckoned he mot'd a merc that had done well over 500k bloke who owned it used to go bk n forward to germany every weekend or sumit. Just show if u look after them they look after you.
          sigpic

Comment

in work i have some things with over 800k on the clock
            ok they are buses used 24 hours a day

some old vectra's just go on an on an on and keep on going
            the truth is out there
            part GSI part VXR
            tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

i had a v plate astra 2.0 dti couple of years ago i bought it with 120k on the clock purely for a long commute (manchester to bedford) every day, i put nearly 40k on it in 6 months then sold it on and it never missed a beat and returned almost 60mpg every day.

not such high mileage but shows they are very good engines i would definilty buy one again if i needed a diesel
              2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

We've had plenty of good high-mileage Vauxhalls and we're in the job. We've currently got an 08 and a 58 Vectra both on 63k that are running great and a 58 on 90k thats never missed a beat until water got into the engine this week and now it's having a new engine fitted!
                The previous Vectra left us on 150k and had only ever had the clutch / DMF replaced.

The best one ever was the 1995 Cavalier (in that lovely Satin Red) that left us on 285k and NEVER had ANY repairs. This is probably why VX dropped those Isuzu engines, they were too reliable!

Comment

Originally posted by Ross08 View Post
                  We've had plenty of good high-mileage Vauxhalls and we're in the job. We've currently got an 08 and a 58 Vectra both on 63k that are running great and a 58 on 90k thats never missed a beat until water got into the engine this week and now it's having a new engine fitted!
                  The previous Vectra left us on 150k and had only ever had the clutch / DMF replaced.

The best one ever was the 1995 Cavalier (in that lovely Satin Red) that left us on 285k and NEVER had ANY repairs. This is probably why VX dropped those Isuzu engines, they were too reliable!

Saying that tho my misses has got a 1.7cdti (isuzu) astra h its done 108k iv fitted a clutch n done the belt at 100k never given us any probs oh apart from a crank sensor farly standad on most high milege cars.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X