This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160 mph

had 162 mph showin on the speedo quite chuffed could prob see 165 with a bit more road

Re: 160 mph

Originally posted by real power
    had 162 mph showin on the speedo quite chuffed could prob see 165 with a bit more road
    in a ?????? oh a Agila.

Comment

I assume on a closed road :wink:

Comment

I had over 160 on clock also, but the gps said 151

Comment

Speedo's are inaccurate by roughly 2 mph at low speeds, 6mph at moderate speeds and 10mph + at high speeds. It has always been the case. GPS is irreputable.

Comment

I would agree GPS is excellent but I would never reply on GPS unless I was in a completely open space. Although there are up to 12 sats available even the mildest volume of trees can stop the receiver getting the signal and showing a true reading. The times I have seen the GPS read 24/25 when I was doing an indicated 30 on the speedo, knowing that at Zafira's speedo is inaccurate by 2mph at 70 and 1 mph at 30.

Comment

Have to agree here with P_D for once. The speedo on the Astra at higher speeds reads approx 10mph out when compared to the Road Angel.

Comment

what do you class as high speeds, is it over 100mph, what are moderate speeds 80mph.............
                Last edited by jpg; 15 May 2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

i messed about with mine the other day got the GPS road angle set to show KM/h and had the comp in test mode also shows KM/h.

both read the same upto well over 130KM/h so the digital reading from the ABS sensors is acurate but the transfur to an anilog display is where it looses out.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
                    Have to agree here with P_D for once. The speedo on the Astra at higher speeds reads approx 10mph out when compared to the Road Angel.
                    We actually probably have alot in common, I think you mis read one of my posts once and decided you didn't like me... Don't know why? I have just been messing around since... Im a nice guy really, ask Mark!

Kiss and make up? x :-)

Comment

do you recon you could get hold of a load of the RS calibrated speedo as fitted to the trafic cars as this would solve a lot when we get pulled and they say "well that looked rather quick".

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                        Originally posted by Catherine
                        We actually probably have alot in common, I think you mis read one of my posts once and decided you didn't like me... Don't know why? I have just been messing around since... Im a nice guy really, ask Mark!

Kiss and make up? x :-)
                        Im just pulling your leg

Comment

Re: 160 mph

Originally posted by real power
                          who is this guy only one post and not even i clue to what car it was.

Comment

162 ??? you must have been screaming the engine i'm sure i wouldnt like to try and stop in an emergency at that speed your off your head
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

There are some speeds you just have to question. The delay in "peaking" at a top speed is significant, it doesnt just go whooosh, whoooosh and then your there. Travelling in excess of 140mph one has to question how much road you have left before one needs to slow for a bend or slow to negotiate others. Unless on a track, but even then, straights are limited and finite.

Comment

Working...
                              X