X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought for Future Meets

Hi Guys,
    Just had a thought about any future meets we may hold. And wondered if anyone else agrees.
    Cheers
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

i suggested this to the mrs on sunday she just laughed at me but like you say alex how the hell do u know who is who ? feel a bit of a prat just going up to strangers would be different if it was all women deffo good idea .
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

i wouldnt be walking around with a name badge stuck to my chest sorry

simple fix

go up to people and say hi and introduce yourself
      many knew who i was on Sunday but that may have something to do with my accent

this has worked on other sites before, a thread where people post a pic of themselves, or in PD's case a pic of himself for a sig, or is that people to avoid

Comment

maybe stick something in ur car i know you wont always be stood at the side of it but some point during the breaks you more than likely will do , i tried talking to one bloke who was a bit of a nerd who looked down on me cos he had a monaro !!!!!! so i didnt bother again and kept mself to myself still a great day out
        sigpic
        M.U.F.C.

Comment

I know some may not be into it but people would still have choice of whether to wear/display the badges/identifiers. Just thought it could help those that find it difficult approaching those that they don't know?

Also badge would have to be small otherwise it would look a little silly - seen my wife go to things where they slap an envelope sticker on lapel with your name and makes you feel like a pillock, but something that was small, stylish and maybe with a VXRonline logo would look ok I think?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
            stylish and maybe with a VXRonline logo would look ok I think?
            keep in mind that Chris and i organise these meets through a number of different Vxl clubs not just people on here, well about 6 to be exact so you are only going to have a small number wearing the badges and a larger number not, but you are more than welcome to make up your own,
            we did have an idea to have peoples names printed or a spot to put your own on the car pass and placed on the windsreen so people will know who owns what car, but like i say your more than welcome to make up your own

Comment

I can see where your coming from on that Shane. Just trying to think of ways to make it easier for us all to understand who is who.

Maybe just have a generic badge (with VXL symbol), and a choice of headers to go on it based on the site which people are from, and could fill in username/name? That way the little badge and stickies could be sent out with tickets and then people have choice of whether to use and display, plus select the site they are from?

Don't know just thinking out loud

Comment

metal pin badges withn vxr over top and ur username underneath and they dont have to big look at size of footy badges they r small and you wont look like a **** with em on !!! every 1 could pay for there own wont be more than a couple of quid im sure ?????
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

It's fully open to ideas, thanks for yours. Basic premise was whether anyone thought it was in principle a good idea, and off the back of that we could look into options that fit best with all - similar to the Spotted cards idea. Start with the idea and develop, I will start a new thread in a week if we maintain above 50% in the poll. Then we can look into all ideas/opinions and whether it goes forward or not

Comment

yeh good man would need something to make it easier !
                    sigpic
                    M.U.F.C.

Comment

Working...
                    X