This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I or don't I?

I know dan has considered something like this a few times but I've been offed a swap for my Vxr with a silver 07 BMW 330D. I love my car but I am a massive fan of the beamers. I want to do it but at the same time I know after a bit I'd want my Vxr back. I couldn't bare to part with it. Does anyone have or had one and what do they think?

Thank you

Tapatalked this message right here!!
    Arden Blue VXR

I've not had one but my next door neighbour has got one. I've gotta say, what a bloody quick motor. It not a 'punch in your chest' as a VXR but it does just keep on pulling and pulling. As for top end, he seems to think it'll go past a 155 limiter and onto 165-170... How crazy is that.
    You can't really compare the two I don't think as they were designed with different purposes but they truly are a wolf in sheeps clothing, a road weapon so to speak. If you want a more sedate looking ride then I'd seriously consider one.

Just my thoughts.....

Comment

That's true they are completely different cars but I fancy a change but don't want to lose the vixxer. Lol. They look v smart aswell. The only reason I'm considering is can't decide which one will hold its money better beamers are quite cheap these days

Arden Blue VXR

Comment

I sold my astra burg in july and changed to bmw 118d. I have done nowt but look at performance cars since! Personally if there is nothing wrong with ur vxr dont swap! The 330 is a very nice car but the vxr is better

Just my opinion
        VXR #1 gone
        VXR #2 gone

Comment

They maybe cheap mate but it's a lot of car for your money, a hell of a lot in fact. VXR will only appeal to a certain market where as a 330d has an appeal to a much wider audience.
          I'm pretty envious of his one but that's just me.

Good luck with your choice matey...

Comment

I love my fast cars but diesels are growing on me in terms of torque and tuning capability. And if I was to get on then it would be that or the 530d. Such a hard choice. =(. Lol. Thanks for the input lads

Arden Blue VXR

Comment

Don't do it buddy. I changed to diesel and mapped it blah de blah. I'm now back with the Vxr again as they are a more fun car to drive. Beemers get really boring to drive very quickly. Stick with the beast...thing is, if you're hesitating then you're not ready to get rid.
              Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
              Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporticus View Post
                Stick with the beast...thing is, if you're hesitating then you're not ready to get rid.
                V v true

Arden Blue VXR

Comment

if it me i would swap. iv drove these straight 6 derv beamers an they are immense but lethal, you will be very grateful of esp..the one i drove kicked the back end out when flooring it at a steady 70 mph.. scared the **** out of me, yea it was mapped but it wasn't as new as this one it was a e46 on a 54 plate.. you wouldn't believe me if i told you the only car it went against on the m5 which was an equal neck and neck run all the way till off the clock somewhere, but i will give you 2 clues......AWD and v8

Comment

Audi rs4?

Comment

That may be right but I have to say having driven these cars that I find that very hard to believe. But that's my experience. A std 330d wouldn't keep with Vxr but again that's when I was driving.
                      Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
                      Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

Comment

I used to have a mapped e46 330d. Was a quick car, it used to keep up with stage 3 Astra vxr's but if it is an Audi rs4 you're thinking then I find it hard to believe,

I don't beat rs4's by a great deal with 428bhp

Comment

Originally posted by jonny88 View Post
                          .....(snip)...., but i will give you 2 clues......AWD and v8
                          Originally posted by VXR.Dan View Post
                          .....(snip).....if it is an Audi rs4 you're thinking then I find it hard to believe,
                          I don't beat rs4's by a great deal with 428bhp
                          I thought he meant an R8.....lol

On a serious note though, a tuned 330d is a proper scary quick car, I've only been a passenger in one but my neighbour can drive pretty good and I was well impressed...
                          I can't comment on what it would/wouldn't beat but comparing a VXR to a 330d to a RS4 is a bit weird no? They're all tasty motors in their own right and I would love each one for its own reasons and merits.
                          I do think though, the 330d is a proper road weapon and extremely underestimated, OK it's not got the most sporty suspension or sleek looks but it is a subtle motor. Air con, full leather, built in phone etc and all at 170mph... I think they're all lovely cars so whatever choice you make you should be chuffed. If there is still a little boy racer in you, stick with the VXR, if you're a proper petrol nutcase it's the RS4 but for subtle and disguised power it's the 330d....

Just my thoughts though...

Comment

Originally posted by VXR.Dan View Post
                            Audi rs4?
                            damn gave too much away

Comment

Originally posted by Petrolheaded View Post
                              On a serious note though, a tuned 330d is a proper scary quick car,

I need to take you for a spin one day

Comment

Working...
                              X