X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting in Garage

PD'S TOP TIP NUMBEEEEEEEEER ONE !!!!

To enable you to back your car in the garage safely and at ease, park it up as per normal, slowly and taking extra care to get it as close to the back wall as possible. Once done, attach something to a piece of string (I used some rolled up tinfoil, took 4 seconds). Then work out the height required to hang the string from the roof of the garage so the end touches your windscreen. Leave it there, and any future reversings in and out of the garage can be measured when the object makes contact with the rear windscreen. No more cagey backings in, and hesitant movements.

This top tip was supplied top you by P_D, who averaged 25 miles to the gallon today.

Re: Fitting in Garage

Originally posted by Police_Driver
    PD'S TOP TIP NUMBEEEEEEEEER ONE !!!!

To enable you to back your car in the garage safely and at ease, park it up as per normal, slowly and taking extra care to get it as close to the back wall as possible. Once done, attach something to a piece of string (I used some rolled up tinfoil, took 4 seconds). Then work out the height required to hang the string from the roof of the garage so the end touches your windscreen. Leave it there, and any future reversings in and out of the garage can be measured when the object makes contact with the rear windscreen. No more cagey backings in, and hesitant movements.

This top tip was supplied top you by P_D, who averaged 25 miles to the gallon today.
    But for those of us lacking Blue Peter skills....completely 'cagey' free, downright reckless, fast backings in can also be achieved by ticking the box that says 'rear parking distance sensors' when ordering motor :wink:
    Only kidding...mine was string and a tenis ball
    sigpic

Comment

mines an old paving slab on the garage floor, once the back wheel touches it i know im in perfectly.

Comment

...and what about us porr folk who don't have garages....is there an alternative No1 tip?

Comment

pmsl bo55 i drive mine in forwards as it easier and at a slight angle so that i can open me door without bashing it so sod your alcan foil lol
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Oh, and a bit of carpet nailed to the wall where the door would hit is top tip no. 2!!
            Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
            Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Parking sensors!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3power
                Parking sensors!!
                not for me as they look stupid.

Comment

or learn to drive better m3 this aint a tractor ur driving now
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

and whats wrong with a tractor

Comment

Working...
                    X