This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new comer......

Not got my Astra VXR yet but in the middle of selling my car then its shopping time, happy days (ibiza cupra for sale if anyone is interested)

So whats the best colour to go for then, im liking the blue but would settle for the red.

Are there any things i should be looking out for when buying one? Any options that are a must...reversing sensors/ leather/ sat nav?? :?

Will post some pics up once ive sorted my self out. :wink:

Welcome to the site, I hope you find it useful
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Welcome and youve come to the right place for info and a friendly forum.
      Arden everytime from my own preference as only exclusive vxr colour..

(my opinion obviously).
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

try and get to see all the colurs then make your mind up as for the options trawl the site and you'll get the reactions of others as to what they got and whats a waste of money , and welcome
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
          try and get to see all the colurs then make your mind up as for the options trawl the site and you'll get the reactions of others as to what they got and whats a waste of money , and welcome
          Well the one i test drove was red, which was nice but seen the arden colour in photos and it looks cool. Think it just depends on which one i see at the right price.

Nice one, will do. Thanks again

Comment

Hi Rae-vxr, welcome to the forum

I went for red, if I could choose again, Id prob go for black! Also, dont bother with the ids+ option if you dont plan to spend too much time on the track - mistake i made...

Also, as you'll prob read in the forum, there are 2 hidden options (dont know if vaux are advertising them now) which are electric folding wing mirrors, and keyless entry and push start.

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by rflowers
              Hi Rae-vxr, welcome to the forum

I went for red, if I could choose again, Id prob go for black! Also, dont bother with the ids+ option if you dont plan to spend too much time on the track - mistake i made...

Also, as you'll prob read in the forum, there are 2 hidden options (dont know if vaux are advertising them now) which are electric folding wing mirrors, and keyless entry and push start.

Enjoy
              And don't forget the Sight and light pack!

Rae-VXR I'd go for Arden Blue but that's just because I'm a pearlescent junky. A solid colour might be better in terms of colour match should you require any accident damage repairs.

Rear parking sensor - are you serious - or is it for when the missus gets in? Hey, it's £350 bro!!!!

Full leather - nah, don't bother. Half-leather looks the cats wotsits. You'll slide about a lot more and stick in the summer with full leather.

Sat Nav - okay if you travel a lot I suppose but I've never gone wrong with the good old AA road atlas! :wink: And I think I'm right in saying that it overides Climate Control displays (but don't quote me on that).

Consider these:
              Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL); 19 inch alloys; Climate Control; Folding door mirrors and Sight and light pack.

Keyless entry not for me but sounds rad and if it's your thing then go for it I'd say.

IDS-Plus with CDC - never mind "dont bother with the ids+ option if you dont plan to spend too much time on the track" don't bother period IMO ESPECIALLY on the track!

Comment

There is only Red that is either non metallic, pearl mica or pearlescent. However all of the colours are a pig to colour match.

Rear parking: Its a ***** to see out the back, sensors would be worthwhile. if you park in tight spaces etc etc

Full leather: You don't slide around in it You ever sat in leather seats? I didn't find them any 'sweatier' in the summer than the velour seats of previous cars. Climate sorts out the incar temp. The heaters are great in the colder weather too

Sat nav will aid saleability and maybe add 500 on the used price in a couple of years. Having said that I didn't like the price tag. You get a colour screen with the CD70 which is an upgrade from the screen you get with climate control.
                Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Phazer how many BTCC cars have you seen with leather seats? I rest my case.

I drive a 48 ton truck - now that's a ***** to see out the back of!

IMO solid colours are easier to match than pearlescent having done both over the years.

Colour Sat Nav? So's my AA Road Atlas. :P

Comment

BTCC cars have approved racing seats with full harnesses, the seat doesn't actually keep you in (thats the job of the harness), it provides freedom of movement and safety in the event of a crash. So how many BTCC cars do you see with VXR half leather seats? :P

You can keep the truck, I'll stick to cars! I don't have the parking sensors BTW

I agree about the colour matching however, how many red cars do you see with mismatched panels? I've seen some where the job has been great but park it under a street light and it stands out a mile.

Comment

BTCC cars with half-leather? Loads

Yes, I've seen those jobs myself

Comment

Had origianlly made my mind up on the Arden blue, but now im going back to red...? :?

Take it the seats in the Astra come as half leather as standard? Not to fused about the full leather, but the heated seats would be cool Only options i wouldn't mind having is cruise control and reversing sensors, mind you something else to go wrong, knowing my luck Probably wouldn't use the SATNAV if i had it but as you say would be handy for that occasional journey.

Just sold my car, gets picked up next week, so will be splashing the cash on my VXR very shortly!!

Comment

To be honest, you'll be happy what ever spec you choose. Its just a cool car even without any gadgets. Get it sorted soon and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                          X