X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught Speeding!!

Hi All

Have any of you been caught speeding at over 100 mph? :? , what sort of punishment did you receive, I was caught speeding earlier this year by the police in a unmarked Volvo police car in Lanarkshire, Scotland and have only just recieved notice of prosecution, so this is now being dealt with by a solicitor as I would like to try and keep my licence , would like to hear from any of you who have been in this situation and your thoughts, try to be kind :? just hope if it does come to being banned it is only for a short period of time , and this happened before I got the VXR
    What a stupid person I have been!
    Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Sorry, seems as though I have put this topic into the wrong section?, what a spanner I am, still like to here from you though!

Comment

Fortunatley i have not been caught speeding and still hold a clean license but i have heard that it is an instant ban. PD should be able to shine some light on this.

Comment

We have a guy in our office that was caught on the M3 at 107 mph. His brief advised him that there was little point in offering a defence unless it was it could be PROVED it was a matter of life or death to be traveling at that speed. He was fined £500 and banned for 6 months. Apparently the courts will sometimes be slightly more lenient if you can prove that your car is essential to your livelihood. We all do it - its a huge risk you take especially when driving in an unfamiliar area. Hope the judge is kind to you.

Take a look at http://www.keepondriving.co.uk/home.asp

Comment

Thankyou for your comments and thoughts so far, I was travelling at 103 mph, I do require my licence as I am self employed, and without it for any great period of time would not be good at all, so it was just my fault and should think more about what I am doing and it will not happen again!!!
          Let's hope the judge is kind to me

Comment

when did you get caught ? i thought there was a time level for them to prosecute ? could be wrong but sure i heard this b4
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

yes think youre right - I though you had to be given notice of prosecution within 21 days of the offence

Comment

Hi mate, sorry to hear it

My mate was caught doing 108 on the motorway. He was banned for 6 weeks, when he got back on the road, the ban added something like 5% to his premium which aint bad at all. Got no points from it all as well.

How long ago was this btw? I thought there was a certain limit to how long they can take to send confirmation of intended prosecution? It is definately the case with the camera van, might be the same in your case? Normally 28 days... if you've been waiting for months.... Cmon P_D, help us out here

Comment

look at this mate sorry but i think ban is on way
                  http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=1685

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

go to www.pepipoo.com, loads of great info about how to get away with fixed penalties and prosecutions, although its all a bit legal speak

I was "alledgedly" caught doing 70 in a 30 a few years back, with this website I managed to get off scott free as the fuzz hadn't bothered to follow procedure, not to mention lying without any proof.

Really good website.

Comment

Originally posted by rflowers
                      My mate was caught doing 108 on the motorway. He was banned for 6 weeks, when he got back on the road, the ban added something like 5% to his premium which aint bad at all. Got no points from it all as well.
                      didn't think you could be banned and get no points added?

Comment

Originally posted by Crawley Cruiser
                        Originally posted by rflowers
                        didn't think you could be banned and get no points added?
                        Worse than points on you license, you get a nice conviction code.
                        I know someone that had 9 points thought, got caught for speeding again and lost his license for 3 months, got it back with no points.
                        Insurance is a nightmare then but at least your not afraid of one more conviction

Comment

Yeah, you can get banned with no points, the conviction code he recieved adds 5% to his insurance premium. He got off v well, he is currently driving a Clio 182 Trophy 1 year on after the ban, insurance is coming in the £700 region., he is 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Pininfarina22
                            go to www.pepipoo.com, loads of great info about how to get away with fixed penalties and prosecutions, although its all a bit legal speak

I was "alledgedly" caught doing 70 in a 30 a few years back, with this website I managed to get off scott free as the fuzz hadn't bothered to follow procedure, not to mention lying without any proof.

Really good website.
                            your link dont work pini !!! just got my mate off 1 speeding fine from a gatso just by saying he was not the driver and that seversal of his friends where driving his car at around that time because he had a fault with the car and they where all testing it , then he asked for the photo to pinpoint the driver and they didnt send it and then dropped the charges lol
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

The offence happened on the 7/6/06 on the way back from Dundee on route to Birmingham for work in a company car, I think if you are caught by a speed camera you have to recieve the prosecution within 2 weeks of offence but in my case as I was stopped by the police in there unmarked car and the speed the caught me at the rules seem to be different, recieved my notice on the 28/11/06 which I think is rather a long time to wait to here of the out come , my solicitors are now on the case, so will just have to wait and see what happens next
                              Thankyou for your comments :wink: , will let you know the out come with futher post's.

Comment

Working...
                              X