This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTERNET EXPLORER AND VXONLINE

Sometimes when i go into email and i have topic notification in email if i click the link to take me to message that has been posted in vxronline my internet explorer starts duplicating the site at the bottom ending up with 50 ie tabs.
    I have to manually click them closed until i get back down to 1 and then view the page....
    Has anyone else had this?

Have done a full scan for virus,trojan etc but can see nothing!!!
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

New one on me, if anyone else get this please post and I will get it looked at
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Are you using IE 7 I take it? (You mention tabs?)

Probably not much help but you could always use Firefox....a much better browser!! :wink:

Comment

i once had a simalar problem but it was sorted with a full restore i know it dont help much but thats how i sorted mine.

Comment

i dont get anything like that either i'm using the latest ie think its either 7 or 8 cant remember
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

it would be 7 as i've just installed it after the reboot and its very good

Comment

Marc, does it replicate after a single click on the email link?

Does sound like something has gone a bit awry. Have you tried running an adaware scan or spybot scan?

Failing that you could try installing IE7 as I've been running it now since it was released and find it great to work with, plus it changes the font styles within windows - looks much better once installed.....

Comment

Hi alex

Yes your correct , i press the email link to vxronline thread and quicker than a vxr shredding hedgehogs my i.e duplicates across the bottom till atleast 50 and then stops...Have done spybot , adaware , panda , spysweeper full scan , a-squared and avg7.5 as have all these onboard..

I have a clue today because i.e informed me that the ebay toolbar.exe called tbdaemon.exe i believe was interfering with i.e and looking at task manager it was using up 98% of system resources..

My machine is a very fast spec running twin raptors as i play for team uk clan online gaming so speed is the nature of the beast for me and system running underpar at moment...

Have now uninstalled ebaytoolbar and all ok at moment apart from missing flymo garden blower for drying car at 5.15pm....gutted!!!!!!
                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Hi Marc,
                  I have found similar issues with lots of the I.E addins that you can get. Used to have the Yahoo toolbar installed and this also caused me issues, so removed it, plus google desktop which completely killed the performance of my laptop.

Glad to see removing has helped, hopefully that's the end of it - sorry you missed the flymo but it was probably fake - lol (hope you saw watchdog)

Cheers,
                  Alex

Comment

What game do you play marc? CS/CS:S?

Strange one re: the pop-ups. Did removing the ebay toolbar fix it?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rflowers
                      What game do you play marc? CS/CS:S?

Strange one re: the pop-ups. Did removing the ebay toolbar fix it?

Rob
                      At first yes removing the toolbar did fix it and going on forums many people have had this...

Ref cs yes do play counter strike source but my real passion is farcry online...
                      Am a registered member of splatterladder.com and my world ranking last stood at 891 out of 160,000 members

I play 5 hours a night at the moment on farcry for team uk and am in the throws of joining german clan at the moment...
                      I have now racked up over 800 hours and am getting r.s.i due to this...

Anyway reporting on the problem i have just forked out £500 on new hard drive and xfx gtx graphics card ready for quad sli as system totally crashed and took hard drive with it...

This whole issue could have been a cooling issue as my cards were running at 85 degrees although i run double arctic cooling setups and water cooled but processor hungry demands probably killed it in the end....

I am really interested in this though for my next pc build
                      http://tomshardware.co.uk/2003/12/30...ect/index.html :wink:
                      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

well you have truly lost me marc !!!!! :? :? :?
                        sigpic
                        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                        M.U.F.C.
                        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Is the artic cooling setup better than a Vapochill tower? Been a while since I was into overclocking but I used to run a 1.5Mhz AMD at 2Ghz with an OC Extreme Tower which had 6 12cm Fans, 5 8cm fans and a couple of 4 cm fans for good measure. Eventually had to get rid of tower as wife got fed up with the PC sounding like a turbine even when all you wanted to do was get email.

Comment

Well alex i cant answer that directly as i have not owned one personally but as you know running intense graphics applications frys the gpu if it isnt cooled sufficiently which is why i fancy really going extreme on next build after xmas...

The vapochill units are apparently really good though

Even fancy a go with the oil filled pc,s for a laugh...

I am currently using a thermaltake shark after trying the coolermasters and silverstones but found that this case for only £100 with extra fans fitted to drag air in and out without causing turbulence works great..

As you can see has huge mesh for ventilation and runs cards at about 50 degrees max at full gpu crunching and no slow down on games at all after 5 or 6 hours continual use...

If you are into gaming you have to get a razor copperhead lazer mouse which runs at 1600 dpi and i think is the most accurate mouse in the world

And a z-board as this makes my frag count so much better especially when useing 20 to 30 commands online i.e Battlefield 2
                            They all have their own keyboards aswell....
                            This is the standard keyboard if you havnt seen one ..

and these are the individual keysets...
                            This ones bf2

Online every night between 7 and midnight and 7 till 3am at weekends (when im not on here obviously)either on farcry multiplayer or bf2 multiplayer.....

Only punkbustered sites of course with ping below 50....
                            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Now that's really going extreme into your games!. I used to love playing UT GOTY Edition, loved the shock rifle. But rarely play these days as my work is soaking up life - plus the wife got fed with me spending hours and hours on the PC at night

Comment

Working...
                              X