X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I own a Monaro!!

... In 'Need for Speed Carbon'

For the older folk on here, this game wont appeal, but I managed to download it with a no-cd crack for free, so thought i'd give it a go. Bought the monaro as soon as poss, and it's good, the sound of the engine is pretty spot on - also the closest I'll ever get to drive a real one!

You just need to have it in white, and have cow print vinyl !!!
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

I'll take you out in mine sometime.... Give you a taste of the real thing...

Comment

Gi fir a test drive at a dealer, thats what I did.

Comment

LOL to all of the replies!

M40COO - That would look awful

BO55 VXR - Sounds good, but I'd be taking out another loan if you did - I've always liked the monaro, but its way out of my league atm

P_D - 3 different salesmen in 2 dealers laughed in my face when I asked for a test drive in the astra! one of them asked; 'honestly, are you considering one, or are you having a laugh'?! I think with the monaro, they would call security and have my butt kicked out of there

Comment

I have never had that experience with salesman although know that it happens. Usually I bowl up in jeans and t shirt and ask a few questions. Then I request a drive. I mean, you are not going to buy something you have not driven are you. If at any point the dealer laugh at you or make ou feel inferior, they are working against their ethics. You are the customer, and they have no idea of you buying potential. They serve you, and they cater to your needs. They need your business. A guy in a suit could work in Waitrose, the scruffy guy could be a self made millionaire, just sold a house, just had some will money come through etc etc They know nothing about your bank balance and generally, the key to it all is confidence. Be the most demanding, upfront customer you can, arrogant, pushy and inquisitive, that way they think "Jesus, this guy must be serious". If they really laughed at you, say something along the lines of "Why on earth are you laughing. I have come in here, interested in purchasing a vehicle, and you have the gaul to stand there and smirk at me? Tell me, what exactly do you know about me, about what I do for a living and about my financial status? Find me someone who can help me please, and if you cannot do that find you manager"

I have had a few "well I would need a deposit first", but I instantly argue and explain anyone would be a fool to pass money over for something they may not like nor wish to proceed with. I also point as a serious buyer I expect to be able to experience all aspects of the car before making a decision. They know by this stage that a failure to co-operate will result in me walking to find a car elsewhere. (although of course im not, its all just an act).

Its around this point you find yourself in the driving seat. When I dorve the Monaro, we drove around Wimbledon for about 15 minutes, all 30 mph. We came back and I said "The test drive was completely insufficient, the roads were inappropiate and I need to drive the car so as to be able to experience it's full potential". I didnt care, I was the customer for god sake, how dare they try and take me on a pootle around town. We then went up on the A3 for half an hour where silly speeds were reached. We returned to the dealer, and I left, never to come back.

The next day, I go to a different garage. BMW and Audi like you to sit down and have a cup of tea with their business manager afterwards, but thats ok. When they realise that, oops, you made an error with you calculations and cannot afford it by a minimal amount, they dont phone you up for weeks afterwards.

Comment

Yeah I get that mate, it went pretty much along those lines with the astra (which Im off to pick up in 5 minutes! ) Infact, I didnt buy the astra from the dealership that laughed at me. I got a test drive from the guys manager who told me a bit about him on a test drive. I explained to the manager that I wont be ordering that day die to his salesmans performance - so hopefully got him in a bit of ****. I mean, he lost them 20k in 4 seconds so I won there. Anyways, I take pretty much the same line with them as you. Right I'm gonna take a slow drive to the dealer now to pick her up

will post up some pics later

Comment

i'd go back to the garage with your motor now and get the salesman out and say look i got 1 from somewhere else cos ur attitude stinks and then drive off into the distant with a finger protruding out of your window pmsl
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                  i'd go back to the garage with your motor now and get the salesman out and say look i got 1 from somewhere else cos ur attitude stinks and then drive off into the distant with a finger protruding out of your window pmsl
                  yeah that would be class. Might just do that!

Comment

it's got to be done just let him know that he lost out on his xmas bonus cos he couldnt be bothered to take you seriously , some people need to know about customer care and man management little p***k
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                      I'll take you out in mine sometime.... Give you a taste of the real thing...
                      Oh no its ok thanks
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

BO55 do you supply the VXR Nappy to passengers experiencing your VXR500

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                          BO55 do you supply the VXR Nappy to passengers experiencing your VXR500
                          No need, your zarse will be so tightly clenched, nothing will escape...

Comment

ROFLMAO - Good one...

Comment

Working...
                            X