This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awsome head to head + cops!

I was just driving from one of my schools to another, and came across a young guy in a BM, only paid it some attention from the side, so I dont know what litre it was (definately wasnt M powered, or I'd obviously have been dusted, and I couldnt see an 'M' badge on the side)

Anyway, we were at a dual carriageway, which later merges into a single 40mph road about 1/2 a mile ahead. We both booted it (I'm still going fairly easy on mine, so wasnt taking it hard through the rev range, but still giving it some). We were neck & neck as the lanes merged, so I backed off to let him in, looked at the 'instant mpg', - thought; 'sod this', and slipped it into 5th while he continued at 80+.

To my complete amusement, as he dissappeared round a slight bend to the left, a cop car came the other way, front end dipping, quickly hitting its blues, spinning around, and commencing persuit. The olf heart started going for a second, but I was prob @ 50mph, so no problem. I turned off at the next opportunity and went the long way incase he was at the side of the road with the copper waiting for me.

Not had this much fun for..... well, ever!! Love the Astra to bits!

Hmmm i wonder if he got away - or got banned hahaha

I wonder if we could have a head to head section in here like the 'astra-sri' forum? Just a thought

Nice one thats a close shave.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I had a similar things a few years back, I was travelling down the M4 in my Z28 when this 406 Coupe comes round me and pulls in., both doing about 70ish... anyway, after a few miles of "leapfrog", we were both up to about 95 and he was in front.

I was just about to accelerate around him when I spot a cop sitting up on one of those "look out posts" with a gun down the road. Fortunately, I was still behind, both still in the 90s....

Anyway, we both backed off but as we went past the copper and I saw him start up and start rolling.

He came up behind me at sat there for about half-a-mile, my heart was going 19-to-the-dozen. Much to my relief, he pulls out goes round and slips in between me and the 406.... a few flashes and tones later, the cop and the 406 were making there way to the hard shoulder leaving me to carry on my merry way...

RESULT.... to say I was laughing, hollering, banging the wheel... Oh Yes!!!!!

Comment

HeavenlyDetail
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

now that was a stroke of luck rf
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

A few months back i was on the way home from work after a night shift about 02.30 ish.

Nothing on the road so i decided to give it some to see how well it went.

On the A141 there is a RA then a strieght and a bridge over a drain about 2/3 miles from the RA.

Well i went for it of the RA and was doing about 130ish (GSi did 120ish) when i saw a set of blud flashing's in the rear mirror.

1:- Slow down and hope its and ambulance or hes not after me.

2:- go for it as i've got 2/3 start and doing 130.

Mmmmm

Went for it and @ 150 over the brow of a hill 2miles from RA i was still pooping. but i did out run the cop's if it was.

Did feel good but PCDave might not be too happy.

Comment

Went for it and @ 150 over the brow of a hill 2miles from RA i was still pooping. but i did out run the cop's if it was.

HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

?

Comment

So that is an admission then (desperatly digs out old files)

Comment

he he pd get him booked lol
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Mmmm

Might have been an amblumus.

but either way with a 2/3 mile start at that time he would not have seen the plate.

PD please confirm.

Comment

If you cant tell what sort of emergency vehicle it was I would not worry.

If it was a cop car then you would have known about it when you got home and the local plod were sat outside your house.

In those sort of "happening now" situations, it either happens now or not at all, i.e you wont receive summons for anything later on just for putting your foot down in the distance of a cop car. It would be exceptional for you to receive anything through, dont worry about it.

Comment

I'm not but would be nice to know at what distance the Video cant pick up your number.

Just for future reference.

Comment

No set distance but think about your driving test when you had to read out a numberplate from naked eye, about that distance.

Comment

Thanks bud you a propper copper.

Comment

Working...
                              X