Clear All

• Creatine monohydrate

When is the best time to take this?
    Before or after the gym?
    I've just bought some from my protein
    Does this stuff actually work?
    sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Straight after your work out mate with some grape juice.
    Roody Star Silver Remus exhaust cdti air box gloss black td 1.2 EBC grooved dics yellow stuff pads hekko wind deflectors projector headlights with angel eyes and hid's oil breather box drivers vent boost gauge whiteline adjustable rarb oil restrictor bolt quaife lsd Airtec fmic eds stage 3 293.6 bhp 350 lbft

Comment

Within the golden hour
      Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

Comment

within the golden 20 minutes : - )

Creatine and protein should be consumed within this time as your body is already starting to break down all the nutriants to repair its self so feeding the machine straight away helps with growth.
        Roody Star Silver Remus exhaust cdti air box gloss black td 1.2 EBC grooved dics yellow stuff pads hekko wind deflectors projector headlights with angel eyes and hid's oil breather box drivers vent boost gauge whiteline adjustable rarb oil restrictor bolt quaife lsd Airtec fmic eds stage 3 293.6 bhp 350 lbft

Comment

I have a shake prior to working out, would it be best to leave it till after then?
          sigpic

Comment

It depends what you're after buddy. I was going for size and power so i have a shake in the morning with a light breakfast, then either a protein rich lunch or another shake and some carbs ( not too much tho ) then would have one after my work out with creatine then a healthy dinner. I'm no expert but no one really is its more about trial and error and how your body reacts. A good tip is get a good pre work out substance. This helped me alot when I plateaued. I'm 5ft 5 inches so only small.I started at 9st 2lb last april with a maximum bench press of around 45kg,and I stand now at just under 12st benching 120kg and still gaining.
            Theres alot of information out there mate about diets and excercises just have a google.

Comment

Originally posted by Roody View Post
              It depends what you're after buddy. I was going for size and power so i have a shake in the morning with a light breakfast, then either a protein rich lunch or another shake and some carbs ( not too much tho ) then would have one after my work out with creatine then a healthy dinner. I'm no expert but no one really is its more about trial and error and how your body reacts. A good tip is get a good pre work out substance. This helped me alot when I plateaued. I'm 5ft 5 inches so only small.I started at 9st 2lb last april with a maximum bench press of around 45kg,and I stand now at just under 12st benching 120kg and still gaining.
              Theres alot of information out there mate about diets and excercises just have a google.
              ok thanks for the advice mate yeah that's I wanna do is increase my muscle size and strength too
              What sort of food should I be eating?
              Do I have to drink loads of water after the creatine?
              sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Comment

I'm looking to build muscle but lean rather than out and out size. I'm quite broad anyway so just going for a better shape.

I only have a shake before a work out, but then rice and chicken after for dinner. My diet is definitely not the best for training, but on the other hand it's not unhealthy. Just looking to get better results.

Since I started taking the protein shake, I've seen improvements, but as I say, I only have one shake on work out days. Not sure I want to get into the routine of 3 shakes per day.

Just trying to improve my knowledge on it all mate. Healthy mind + healthy body and all that!
                sigpic

Comment

It's best taken after, and as above it's best taken with some simple Sugary liquid.

Creatine itself dosnt cause muscle gain. What it does is replenish energy sources when your conducting short, multiple high output bursts of phys with short recovery periods between. So towards the latter sets of reps you may be able to squeeze out an extra couple reps.

If your already having a high meat content diet it's effects will be minimal if any at all. Some people recieve as much as the body needs so any surplus will be flushed down the toilet.

Also the old fashioned load period has now been found to be lacking any evidence to support it. Just go straight to the normal intake.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattiepkr1984 View Post
                    ok thanks for the advice mate yeah that's I wanna do is increase my muscle size and strength too
                    What sort of food should I be eating?
                    Do I have to drink loads of water after the creatine?
                    Plenty of chicken fish and rice mate you cant really go wrong. And green greens.

Aslong as you have a healthy amount of water each day i wouldnt worry. Creatine cycles are 3 times a day for the first 4 days. Then 1 after your workout for 2 weeks. Then come of it for 2 weeks and repeat the process.
                    Last edited by Roody; 13 May 2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I'm taking whey protein not creatine, assuming they're not the same anyway.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                        It's best taken after, and as above it's best taken with some simple Sugary liquid.

Creatine itself dosnt cause muscle gain. What it does is replenish energy sources when your conducting short, multiple high output bursts of phys with short recovery periods between. So towards the latter sets of reps you may be able to squeeze out an extra couple reps.

If your already having a high meat content diet it's effects will be minimal if any at all. Some people recieve as much as the body needs so any surplus will be flushed down the toilet.

Also the old fashioned load period has now been found to be lacking any evidence to support it. Just go straight to the normal intake.
                        As said creatine does not directly affect muscle growth.

I find i ache less the day after when im on creatine however.

Between a balanced diet plenty of water and the odd vitamin boosting suppliment you cant really go wrong. What contributes to gains more than anything is how commited you are when working out. The last 2 reps may be the hardest but they are the ones that have the biggest affect on muscle developement. Also its not about lifting the heaviest weights you can all the time. Mid range weights with more reps are just as important. The only reason I mentioned about my benching weight is because that is how i physically measure my gains.

Comment

Originally posted by Lashed View Post
                          I'm taking whey protein not creatine, assuming they're not the same anyway.
                          No mate they are different things.

http://www.myprotein.com/home.dept?a...FRQctAodMi4ANg

This may help you learn more about gains and how to achieve them.

Comment

It's a fabulous supplement and so well researched but as they say, companies have a product to sell and the more you use the more you buy.

Best advice ultimately is knowledge of the product your buying.

Learnt about ATP and how creatine works, this will allow you to decide if it's suitable, if your using it correctly and ultimately if it's going to be beneficial.

Many moons ago I spent months on it with limited gains visually, but physically it was superb. At 9 stone I was dumbbell pressing 27.5 kgs (each arm not total) and squatting silly weight.

My body had give up now but the abuse was fun at the time.

sigpic

Comment

As said creatine does not directly affect muscle growth.

I find i ache less the day after when im on creatine however.

Between a balanced diet plenty of water and the odd vitamin boosting suppliment you cant really go wrong. What contributes to gains more than anything is how commited you are when working out. The last 2 reps may be the hardest but they are the ones that have the biggest affect on muscle developement. Also its not about lifting the heaviest weights you can all the time. Mid range weights with more reps are just as important. The only reason I mentioned about my benching weight is because that is how i physically measure my gains.
                              Yeah I agree, a good balance of reps and weight is key, have used this method for years. I am however bad for "doing" my sets and stopping at the number, say 16 reps and weights go down, am starting to try and squeeze out one more or so and also reduce rest periods as much as possible. I work out at home so not having a trainer makes it easy to not push yourself as hard.

I'm the same with the bench weight, only way I can monitor my progress as my dumbells are maxed out due to the weight blocks being the sand filled plastic. Should really invest in iron ones so I can keep progressing.

No mate they are different things.

http://www.myprotein.com/home.dept?a...FRQctAodMi4ANg

This may help you learn more about gains and how to achieve them.
                              Great stuff, thanks mate!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X