This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can change one thing....

OK, lets say that you have been given the task to change one thing about road transport in Britain, i.e. you are the Trasport Minister, money is no object but you can only make a single change.....What would it be.

Exclusions are

- Get rid of all drivers but me
    - No speed limits
    - Free Petrol/Tax

Sort out public transport. ie bring the prices down. I work away during the week so I have a 380 mile round trip every weekend. As much as i love driving my car, I would happily get the train to work now and again, however its cheaper to drive.

Comment

Public Transport - bring down the price, give the country more access to the citys and improve conditions and cleaness.

Also increase motorways to 80mph and do not allow Lorry's in the 3rd lane - nothin worse than going down the A1/M and were stuck doing 60 coz 3 lorrys are trying to overtake for about 4 miles.

Comment

being greedy there, thats 5!!

Not bothered about city access, I live in the country, but I do agree, with the motorway speed limit and the truck thing :wink:

Comment

Aboloshing the coming law of GPS chips being placed in all vehicles as a legal requirement, so that whenever you break ANY traffic law you get a letterbox fine. (Satellites know where you are and know the road regs, any breach results in an instant fine).

Its coming in circa 2009

Comment

I disagree with that GPS idea. We should have freedom to do what we want. Too big brother for me. With all the euro laws and freedom laws they will never be able to get it through, too many people will contest it at the high courts.

If the goverment dont want us to speed why dont they just ban car manufacs from makin cars that go above 70????????

Comment

Also increase motorways to 80mph and do not allow Lorry's in the 3rd lane - nothin worse than going down the A1/M and were stuck doing 60 coz 3 lorrys are trying to overtake for about 4 miles.[/quote]

We call that the 56mph Grand Prix
              The chip thing sounds a bit worrying though, its a lovely country, just a shame how its run

Comment

Yah when it comes in we will all have to drive within the law all the time. It basiclly means we are living in the era now where it is the last time you will be able to own a car and enjoy it on the road without having to take it on a track. This is effectivley a historical last chance to have fun, exactly why I bought my car now, and wil probably say goodbye to it around 2009 when the laws come into force. For anyone thinking of removing the chip, the remonstrations will be extremely high, it could be made an an offence that carries the same powers and sanctions as, say, Burglary or another serious offence.

Comment

I would take away all speed camara vans. fixed ones are ok ( just to keep people happy)

I would defo get rid of mobile speed camaras.

And they would never be able to put that chip in the cars as it is breach of freedom.

But if they made it law to put one in you would have to do it and they could charge whatever they wanted to fit it.

So they could make it law and charge you £5000 to fit it. so if you didnt have 5k you wouldnt be able to drive.

W**kers.

Comment

Originally posted by Arden_One
                    Aboloshing the coming law of GPS chips being placed in all vehicles as a legal requirement, so that whenever you break ANY traffic law you get a letterbox fine. (Satellites know where you are and know the road regs, any breach results in an instant fine).

Its coming in circa 2009
                    If and when that happens I will put my VXR in a suitcase and move to somewhere hotter where my car will really shine

Comment

easy wider and faster motorways like the europeans
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Easy one for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAX ALL FOREIGN LORRIES FOR ******* OUR ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And plough the money back into the road network.
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                          easy wider and faster motorways like the europeans
                          Easy one that Dave but:

When the dirty feeeellllthy swines come over here they cause 3 out of every 5 accidents in their lorries , 25% of all foreign lorries stopped have faults normally to do with brakes or safety issues and they can do all this for free on our network thumping great lines in our inside lanes whilst i have to pay road tax to that bunch of absolute Tos*ers sitting on their fat arses in the treasury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony blair your a ****!
                          HeavenlyDetail
                          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

agree

Comment

Working...
                              X