This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon gel plates!

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent issues with carbon gel reg plates. I've heard so many conflicting stories about them. I got some made up and was going to fit them with the vxr surround, but not sure now!

Why are you not sure, plates legal or not.

Comment

I ordered uk legal ones just a lot of old posts online saying they're not legal!

Comment

I've got carbon gel 3D plates from demon plates,had them on for 3 years now and never had any issues with police or mot's.so get them on they look the nuts.
        Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

Comment

Thankyou for replying! I got mine from plates 4 cars, which look good, just don't want to get pulled even though they say uk legal!
          Last edited by scasevxr; 29 December 2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scasevxr View Post
            Thankyou for replying! I got mine from plates 4 cars, which look good, just don't want to get pulled even though they say uk legal!
            I have the standard black gel plates and have never had an issue- the carbon ones are road legal as I'd spent a lot of time looking into this.
            The plates are legal provided the spacing meets legal requirements and they show at least the postal address and company name? of the plate manufacturer. Platesforcars was where I'd bought mine
            Stage 3 Corsa VXR- Gone!
            Octavia VRS TSI MK3

Comment

If the font is correct and the correct size with the correct spacing and the plate has the correct BS kite mark and postcode of where ot was made, it's legal.
              sigpic
              Currently Driving - Lotus Carlton - Astra TwinTop - MINI Clubman Cooper - Nova GSi
              Written off - Meriva VXR

Comment

Just because they say they're legal, they aren't. However, I've run "german" plates across 2 cars with different reg's and never been pulled or had any aggro.

Just get them and enjoy them

Comment

These are mine & I love them - £30 from eBay! I didn't have any of the stamps at the bottom so they're nice and clean
                  (yes I know they should have the stamps on.....)

Comment

Cheers for the replies, I got them on the car and they do look good!

Comment

I have pressed plates and Ive had a ANPR through with them on so they're legal and work
                      Vectra VXR 280 . Courts Rad and Intercooler. Miltek cat back. K&N Panel. Eibach's. TD 1.2s

Comment

Were did you get them too??
                        Eat Sleep Boost Repeat

Comment

Regardless of the finer details they are being sold most places as legal but get into the nitty gritty and they are technically not legal. That said I have been running them for about 3 years and never had a problem with them or been tugged because of them.

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Comment

Originally posted by f1slikki View Post
                            I've got carbon gel 3D plates from demon plates,had them on for 3 years now and never had any issues with police or mot's.so get them on they look the nuts.
                            I have a set from them. My wife used to make them and she says they are illegal but it depends if the cops can be bothered or not to pull you up. Herts police are rubbish and I never got done

Comment

Working...
                            X