Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance Prices

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Insurance Prices

    Just received my renewal price and it's gone up over 140 per cent, from £312 to £753!!

    Absolutely no justification given. Jokers.

  • #2
    I had similar happen to me this year when I renewed in February. Last year was £430 and shot up to £750, so shopped around and was finding £750 was the lowest... apparently the insurance tax premium went up this year and affected all insurers... I dunno if that's BS or not but I got cheaper with my current insurer who I had to phone for a quote (Adrian Flux).
    Stage 3 Corsa VXR- Gone!
    Octavia VRS TSI MK3

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by baillie89 View Post
      I had similar happen to me this year when I renewed in February. Last year was £430 and shot up to £750, so shopped around and was finding £750 was the lowest... apparently the insurance tax premium went up this year and affected all insurers... I dunno if that's BS or not but I got cheaper with my current insurer who I had to phone for a quote (Adrian Flux).
      Yeah, I phoned them and they did try to justify it talking about insurance tex premium....just an excuse to try and hike up the policy price really. They could offer me the same policy for around £550, although it'd still be cheaper to cancel and take out a brand new policy with the same insurer. They don't appear to understand the flaw in their business model here!

      I generally shop around and change every year, so no different this time really. But this increase in renewal price is an absolute scandal. Even the person at the insurance company was saying that I'd be surprised by the amount of people that simply renew, irrespective of price. Christ, I fear for humanity if that really is the level acceptance we've allowed into society!

      Comment


      • #4
        Sounds extortionate!

        If you don't mind me asking, but what's your age/ncb/driving time?
        Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CaptainSlow View Post
          Sounds extortionate!

          If you don't mind me asking, but what's your age/ncb/driving time?
          Exactly! 34 with 10 years no claims and 12 years driving.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZXRGPK View Post
            Just received my renewal price and it's gone up over 140 per cent, from £312 to £753!!

            Absolutely no justification given. Jokers.
            All insurances have gone up, I think it's about 17% on avg - it's nothing do with you remember Insurance companies are like a bookie, if they make a loss somewhere they make up for it in wins elsewhere.

            Astra

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IanJ View Post
              All insurances have gone up, I think it's about 17% on avg - it's nothing do with you remember Insurance companies are like a bookie, if they make a loss somewhere they make up for it in wins elsewhere.
              Insurance companies making a loss !? No chance at these prices hikes.

              At least with a bookie you have a chance of winning and the choice to stake money is optional. This is a bad analogy I think.

              17% would be acceptable to an extent, but 140% is a pisstake.

              Comment


              • #8
                Try green light been with them for 6 years and nave gone up

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nurburgring24 View Post
                  Try green light been with them for 6 years and nave gone up
                  Will do, thanks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Try ringing Chris Knott. Been with them for years and they're always the cheapest.

                    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ZXRGPK View Post
                      Insurance companies making a loss !? No chance at these prices hikes.

                      At least with a bookie you have a chance of winning and the choice to stake money is optional. This is a bad analogy I think.

                      17% would be acceptable to an extent, but 140% is a pisstake.
                      Insurance companies cover more than just cars, so for instance when we have storms and it causes a lot of damage then house prices go up and also car prices go up for insurance companies to get their money back.

                      When a company marks you up by 140% then that means you are no longer the customer they seek

                      Astra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by zaffy View Post
                        Try ringing Chris Knott. Been with them for years and they're always the cheapest.

                        Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
                        Yeah, I'm going to call these on Monday too. Thanks for the advice.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ZXRGPK View Post
                          Yeah, I'm going to call these on Monday too. Thanks for the advice.
                          I always use www.Moneysupermarket.com for a rough price, admittedly you can't include your mods in the quotes but you should have a reasonable idea, also handy as once you fill in your details you can apply that to any car if you wanted to know how much a potential new car would be.

                          Chris Knott and Greenlight both been excellent to deal with in the past

                          Astra

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've been using compare the market and have decided to sign up with a company called 1st Central. I can't say that I know much about them, but for me one insurer is as good as the next. I do hope that this statement never come backs to haunt me.

                            £385 over 11 payments. I think that's a reasonably fair price.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ZXRGPK View Post
                              Just received my renewal price and it's gone up over 140 per cent, from £312 to £753!!

                              Absolutely no justification given. Jokers.
                              Have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

                              Kind Regards
                              Dan

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X