X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown cover renewal

Why do the AA do this, happened last year

Got my renewal thru £270.00 for year, checked web site £109.00

Rang them up, and got some story about there have to give me the actual price of the renewal without discounts.

Why can they not add the discounts to the renewal letter, they expect people to ring up and see what the actual price is. I wonder how many of their 15 million members do not check the renewal price and pay well over the cost they could get

Any way, policy is cancelled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 30 March 2017, 08:18 PM.

Green flag for me.

AA took a huge hit with their home repairs arm and are trying to recover it from their other divisions.
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Same story as you, such a shame really.
      sigpic

Comment

Breakdown cover renewal

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
        Green flag for me.
        Going green flag , £62 for year 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
          Going green flag , £62 for year 👍👍

Superb
          sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Whoever you use just buy it via Quidco for cashback on the deal

Autoaid is the cheapest - https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

I see a few on Pistonsheads take out the German ADAC cover, especially if they take the car to Europe as well

Astra

Comment

Never pay for mine. Always use Tesco club card vouchers for RAC full cover.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't any of you guys sort your breakdown cover with your insurance??.

I do a rake of travelling a year and have never bought a separate breakdown cover. My insurance has gone up this year by about £100 due to 3 points I picked up, but it's still around £360 with breakdown which is home, roadside recovery and onward travel, basically full cover without the need to do anything other than work it into my insurance renewal.

But, as the OP says this exact thing happens with my house insurance each year. Soon as I get the renewal letter with the vast increase i call them, ask why its gone up and explain I'm not paying it, they always reduce it to less than i paid the previous year!!.
                Last edited by churchwxm; 31 March 2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I always cancel mine then redo it.

Brian I'm just glad you have cover
                  FRESH Clique 24 (24 hours)
                  WG Motorworks - RABBID REMAP
                  Ko6 Turbo. 3"Turbo Back custom exhaust De-Cat - KW V2 Coilovers Porsche Brakes
                  331 BHP Fully forged - Fast Road Cams - Plus Williams Clio 3

Comment

I get full AA cover with my Bank Account
                    sigpic Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

Comment

Originally posted by Brimfull View Post
                      I get full AA cover with my Bank Account
                      Do you pay for your Bank Account ?

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                        Do you pay for your Bank Account ?
                        No
                        sigpic Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

Comment

Not renewing with green flag on 9 April as they put price up by £40 because i had one call out within a 12 month period -- so not decided yet whether to go with them again as a new customer or give the aa or rac a go as they are doing special offers

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Leo View Post
                            Not renewing with green flag on 9 April as they put price up by £40 because i had one call out within a 12 month period -- so not decided yet whether to go with them again as a new customer or give the aa or rac a go as they are doing special offers
                            Use Quidco and normally you get more cashback than the deal prices - keep switching from one to the other upon renewal

Astra

Comment

Like i said previously i have told green flag not to renew cover on 9th due to price hike -- my question is that if i left it for a few days after expiry and then applied again as a new customer would they allow me to do that or would they never know

Comment

Working...
                              X