Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can DVLA take my licence off me???? HELP NEEDED!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can DVLA take my licence off me???? HELP NEEDED!!!

Really need ya help here,
    im a bus driver and have been on the sick for 2 months due to depression due to family problems.....
    doctor says im fit to go back to work, im waiting for occupational health to give me the go ahead (after she has heard from my GP) but i phoned DVLA to see if my occupational health can take my licence off me and the sent me a questionnaire.
    Now they are sayin they could take my licence off me for 6 months to a year......can they do this if i was only enquiring and they have even said its voluntary, they have given me 21 days to reply.
    im so confused and my head is mashed lol
    if anyone can help me id be more than grateful!!
    do you think i should just not reply to them or can they really take my licence off me??
    sigpic

hmmm not sure mate, might be worth giving them a phonecall and explaining it to them, good luck

Comment

if ur doc says ur ok to drive then u got no worries tomfraser
      try this link to read up on it and dont get urself in a state mate.
      http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/index.htm
      it mentions and i quote "The medical standards of fitness to drive are available to all medical practitioners and if your doctor, in accordance with these standards, has advised you that you should not drive you may wish to surrender your licence, and reapply for its restoration at a later date. Surrendering your licence has an advantage, if and when you decide to reapply."
      hope this helps tom

Comment

is ur questionaire a D4 medical report form? if so thats to do with ur job as a bus driver mate

Comment

if it is a D4 (LGV, PCV over 8 seats) then it will need to be carried out by your medical practitioner but still then the decision comes down to the DVLA MO's

they do ask about depression in the past 6 months,
          do keep in mind that the medical standards for your employment as a bus driver is much stricter than for a general licence if thats is what your concern is.

Comment

Aussie is spot on mate
            give ur GP a tug
            oh and dont get worked up mate

Comment

thanks for all your help.
              its not a D4 form just got M1 on the top and looks to be a basic medical questionnaire.
              what would happen if i dont send it in?
              would they still take licence off me?
              spoke to the doctor and she says i got nothing to worry about but im unsure if i should send this in or not cos i did it voluntary, as i only phoned them for advice and ended up getting this letter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomfraser
                thanks for all your help.
                its not a D4 form just got M1 on the top and looks to be a basic medical questionnaire.
                what would happen if i dont send it in?
                would they still take licence off me?
                spoke to the doctor and she says i got nothing to worry about but im unsure if i should send this in or not cos i did it voluntary, as i only phoned them for advice and ended up getting this letter
                mate listen i have hgv and psv licence make sure you fill in any forms that thay send you or your doc, thay can remove psv hge licence at any time its not the same as your car licence. the way thay look at it you could have up to 90 lives in your hand' so thay want to no you are fit to drive, as long as your doc says all is ok then dont worrie but MAKE SURE YOU FILL IN ANY FORMS THAY SEND YOU.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

yea i guess you have got a point.........i just dont want my licence took off me cos it was only for a month i was depressed as my wife had a miscarriage we split up and i lost everything :?
                  i just dont know what to do for the best!
                  sigpic

Comment

yea i guess you have got a point.........i just dont want my licence took off me cos it was only for a month i was depressed as my wife had a miscarriage we split up and i lost everything :?
                    i just dont know what to do for the best!
                    mate go see you doc as long as thay say it fine then it will be but this is not some thing you can ignore.

Comment

doc says am fine and ready to go back.
                      its occupational health from work thats stopping me going back and now all of this from DVLA.
                      i just cant stop thinking about it!!
                      sigpic

Comment

you have my empathy and best wishes tom
                        please dont let everything combine to swamp you
                        take one thing at a time and deal with that one thing the rest will wait
                        ur gp can deal with ur health and the dvla
                        so let him or her do that
                        u asked for help in here so ur allowed to ask for help out in the world mate

Comment

thanks mate great bit of advice-just easier said than done!!
                          sigpic

Comment

doc says am fine and ready to go back.
                            its occupational health from work thats stopping me going back and now all of this from DVLA.
                            i just cant stop thinking about it!!
                            it may take a week or two to sort out, i now were you are coming from, but dont worry its just red tape, everyone as to be seen to do there bit. as your looking after the lives of your pax when your driving, you no what is like health and safty all the way, if you have only been off for one mth you done realy well, just sit back let things take there course dont let the worrie set you back.

Comment

am trying so hard....
                              but im back with my wife and she pregnant again so doesnt help the worry as i really need to keep my licence to keep my job!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X