This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viruses

Anyone noticed any weird posts on here the last few days and caught a virus off them?

It looks like i have W*[email protected]
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Re: Viruses

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
    Anyone noticed any weird posts on here the last few days and caught a virus off them?

Would you by any chance been clicking on the naked angelina and paris links????

Comment

mines been playing up keeps sticking but have run all my scans but nothing :? :?
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Re: Viruses

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
        Originally posted by Dazturbo6502

Would you by any chance been clicking on the naked angelina and paris links????
        not me i save em then scan em b4 i open them
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Errrr.....OOps
          sigpic

Comment

These posts are spammers specifically tempting you to their site with some bait..... they then infect your machine.

If a post looks too good to be true, it usually is, and you'll end up paying the price.

At VXROnline, we try to remove thes as soon as possible but the Admin/Mod team cannot be around 24x7 and some will remain on the site for a few hours. We will eventually remove them though.

Unfortunately, this is the nature of internet forums and whilst there are security measures in place to stop the BOTS, there are still HUMANS out there that will manually register and post up this stuff to try and grab you.

We are looking at more sophisticated measures to prevent this sort of stuff but these take time to implement as trying to do it too quickly would cause more problems than it solves.

So, in the mean time, be warey of these dodgy posts, and under no circumstances click the link, the probability of your machine getting infected is extremely high, even with a good AV package.

If something looks suspicious, please report it to a moderator and we will delete it if required.

Rgds
            Bo55

Comment

Cheers BO55 :wink:
              sigpic

Comment

I had a virus from a few weeks ago from a 'Left foot braking' video link, usually I'm pretty careful but nearly buggered my PC up this time. Virus kept showing a pop up warning that viruses had been detected on the hard drive, click the bubble and you get directed to what I've read to be a bogus anti virus software sight 'Antivermins' who will scan for free and show the virus 'smitfraudG' then they want you to pay to get rid of it. I stopped at this point and searched the net for 'smitfraudG' & 'Antivermins' and eventually found a fix which meant running what looks like a home made fix whilst the PC is in safe mode.
                Luckily it seems to be clear as I've had no problems since.

Here's a link to where I found my fix and others available, please note that if you use the info and download services offered you do so at your own risk, dont blame me if things go t*ts up
                http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index...hl=smitfraud.g

Its not just this site either, I noticed this morning that VXR Register is loaded with dodgy links.

Comment

Working...
                X