This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tints

can you get tints that look dark from out but still quite clear from in side like the tinted glass on the burg ?

to be safe mate i would go with light smoke, i have them on my arden and looks good outside, and still light inside. you don.t want to pull it off if you are pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazz71 View Post
      to be safe mate i would go with light smoke, i have them on my arden and looks good outside, and still light inside. you don.t want to pull it off if you are pulled.
      so u wudnt recommend gettin some light tints on the front mate??
      Astra Edition #105
      Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

all windows(not front screen) tinted in light smoke you will not have a problem then, some people do limo on B-pillar back and the lightsmoke on drivers and passengers but i don,t thing this looks right.

Comment

all windows(not front screen) tinted in light smoke you will not have a problem then, some people do limo on B-pillar back and the lightsmoke on drivers and passengers but i don,t thing this looks right.

Comment

Originally posted by S20 GST View Post
            I disagree

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
              can you get tints that look dark from out but still quite clear from in side like the tinted glass on the burg ?
              Yes you can.....Got mine from Pentagon tints

Comment

also have mine done like this
                BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

like what
                  b pillar back light smoke
                  b pillar back limo with light smoke front sides.

if i had a choice and the law would allow i would have limo A pillar back.

Comment

like what
                    b pillar back light smoke
                    b pillar back limo with light smoke front sides.

if i had a choice and the law would allow i would have limo A pillar back.
                    me 2!!
                    BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

I am afraid light smoke is still too dark... u may get stopped for it.

There is a tint called "Legal 70" that is what is allowed on the front side windows... u can have anything else past the piller.

On my VXR8 I think it says 30% tint on the glass already so if u add another legal 70 on to it, it wont increase the appearance of it being darker but will actually block more light thru.

I have now purchased the Anti Smash n Grab clear film on all the sides from Autotint UK... base in London Manchester and HQ is in Newcaslte Upon Tyne.

Comment

what it does do though is blends the fronts in with the rears and stops it looking like a van!!

Comment

I have light smoke on front, Medium tint behind B pillar light smoke on rear glass.

Looks nice and dark from the outside, however you can see perfectly fine out of the car from the inside.

Looks darker than it is on the fronts from the outside in due to the dark headlining / seats etc.

Comment

I've got limo on my rears but from inside you can still see out no problem. It's like a 2 way mirror really!!

Comment

Originally posted by Noose View Post
                              I am afraid light smoke is still too dark... u may get stopped for it.

There is a tint called "Legal 70" that is what is allowed on the front side windows... u can have anything else past the piller.

On my VXR8 I think it says 30% tint on the glass already so if u add another legal 70 on to it, it wont increase the appearance of it being darker but will actually block more light thru.

I have now purchased the Anti Smash n Grab clear film on all the sides from Autotint UK... base in London Manchester and HQ is in Newcaslte Upon Tyne.
                              Your right, light smoke is illegal. However I have been pulled twice since having my tints done. Once at night by a Panda car and once in the day by a traffic car.

Also parked outside the police station, seen too coppers noseying at my car and got a smile from them when I came back.

So although illegal, the officers have decided to let it go as in their eyes it's obviously not something worth their time / paperwork.

Now if I had Medium / limo tints on the front, it would probably be a different story.

AFAIK the law used to allow light smoke on the front at the officers discretion

Comment

Working...
                              X