This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red light camera

Last night I was turning right from a sideroad onto the A6 in Stockport. Set up on this junction (on the A6) is a redlight camera aimed at peole leaving the A6 onto the sideroad or continuing straight along the A6.

The lights I were at were on green so the 3 cars infront and I went through. Each one of us were snapped by the camera (faulty?)

Now although the camera wasn't aiming at our numberplates, it could of picked it up when it took the photo of the next car.

If I get a ticket from this where do I stand / How do I prove my light was on green?

Red light cameras are supposed to be behind the traffic lights so the lights are included in the shots.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Didn't have much luck last night Mate!!

Comment

I know... I was deffinatly in the right though so IDK why it flashed all of the cars

Comment

I know the A6 in stockport but cant think where your on about. There is a red light camera at a junction down from the Police Station as though heading into the town center.

If this is the junction a green light does come on for the left hand turn lane only, this is often mistaken for a green light to go stright ahead and drivers are caught on it.

If this is not the junction and you believe the camera was faulty i would have thought it would be possible to check the lights and camera systems in conjunction with the time the pic was taken to make sure everything was running correctly and there were no faults.

i.e.: the light was on red and you went through it by mistake or the light was on green and the camera was faulty.

And before you ask i'd have no idea how to get the above information. If you get a ticket go to a solicitor , explain the situtaion and your thought and take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
            I know the A6 in stockport but cant think where your on about. There is a red light camera at a junction down from the Police Station as though heading into the town center.

If this is the junction a green light does come on for the left hand turn lane only, this is often mistaken for a green light to go stright ahead and drivers are caught on it.

If this is not the junction and you believe the camera was faulty i would have thought it would be possible to check the lights and camera systems in conjunction with the time the pic was taken to make sure everything was running correctly and there were no faults.

i.e.: the light was on red and you went through it by mistake or the light was on green and the camera was faulty.

And before you ask i'd have no idea how to get the above information. If you get a ticket go to a solicitor , explain the situtaion and your thought and take it from there.
            Yep mate, thats is the one I mean, down the bottom of the hill heading towards Manchester facing Debenhams?

It flashed as I was turning right onto the A6 but flashed all of us. I hope I don't get anything through

How dyou know the area? Work for GMP?
            Last edited by skot; 27 October 2008, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skot View Post
              Yep mate, thats is the one I mean, down the bottom of the hill heading towards Manchester facing Debenhams?

It flashed as I was turning right onto the A6 but flashed all of us. I hope I don't get anything through

How dyou know the area? Work for GMP?

Used to work north end of Derbyshire (High Peak) so used to have to go into Stockport for Steppinghill Hospital every now and then. I know of someone that got caught on the same cameras. Its annoying as when most people see a green light they just do, but on those lights its the filter light first followed my the main lights, so people see the filter light and go through by mistake.
              If this is the case and you get a ticket theres no point in fighting as if it goes to court and you say you mistook the light they may then decide to prosecute for driving without due care and attention.

Comment

Working...
              X