This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone has bumped my car!

Today on the way out of work, some girl has reversed into my car! She has managed to hit just behind the rear driving side arch, and there are light scratches.

Trouble is, I have to work in the same department as this girl, the damage is only very light, and I dont think she has insurance. If I go down that route, reporting her etc, it would cause no end of problems and she would probably get banned or worse as she is currently being done for having a bump with no insurance.

How much is the rear bumper going to cost to be re-sprayed? I might just tell her the damage is there, and give her the chance to pay directly, but then I know I have let an uninsured driver continue on their way.

What should I do?

No insurance mate ****in report her no matter what. What if one day she'll kill someone and because you haven't reported it you'll feel responsible for it!

Seriously she shouldn't be on the road get her done and take her to the claims court for damages. Or your insurance will possible repair with no excess if she's uninsured.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Sorry what she's been done before and is still driving? Serious these people are a danger to everyone report her!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
        Sorry what she's been done before and is still driving? Serious these people are a danger to everyone report her!
        Well my friend today told me (we all work in the same place) she had knocked over a biker, and was uninsured so in the end was ordered to pay costs and compensation- not really sure where this leaves her with regards to keeping her license, but it dont sound great. As soon as she realised it had been done today she got out the car and was begging for me not to contact insurers.....got me thinking straight away.

Comment

Seriously mate a few things being awkward with one person in the office. At the end of the day she is the wrong so people can't take it against you if you report her. If they do take it against you say well what if she hit your child in the street?

She should be locked up but the system isn't that tight is it..

Maybe she'll learn one day but will only learn if she works out she can't get away with it?

Clique #14

Comment

Well yeah I completely agree 100% with you mate, she cant keep doing it, and nobody can really hold it against me if she gets done, because she shouldnt be driving in the first place.

I think ill email her tomorrow and see what she says, then go from there.

Anyone know how much it would cost to have it resprayed?

Comment

From Vauxhall quite a bit a Quater of a car is about 350-500 quid if your lucky + more if you want it blending before you even straighten bits or replace bits.. Lights aren't cheap either!

Clique #14

Comment

Providing she has a driving licence then generally it will be points (between 6 and 9) and a fine for driving with no insurance.

If she has damaged your car you should report her mainly for the reasons as stated above, i was hit by an uninsured driver once....what a ball ache.

Shouldnt cost too much to repair the damage if its light, couple of hundred pounds i would have thought - but if she doesnt play ball you can let your insurance company know and they will pay out for the re-pair to your car and then persue her directly for the total costs so you dont have to get involved.

Theres no need to take her to court yourself as the insurance company would do this as it is them that would be loosing out and not you. However it can be a drawn out process with getting your car repaired when an uninsured driver is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                  Providing she has a driving licence then generally it will be points (between 6 and 9) and a fine for driving with no insurance.

If she has damaged your car you should report her mainly for the reasons as stated above, i was hit by an uninsured driver once....what a ball ache.

Shouldnt cost too much to repair the damage if its light, couple of hundred pounds i would have thought - but if she doesnt play ball you can let your insurance company know and they will pay out for the re-pair to your car and then persue her directly for the total costs so you dont have to get involved.

Theres no need to take her to court yourself as the insurance company would do this as it is them that would be loosing out and not you. However it can be a drawn out process with getting your car repaired when an uninsured driver is involved.
                  Well she already agreed today at the scene to pay for all damage, but because it was dark and i couldnt see any damage, i said that I would speak to her tomorrow. I dont think she will have any issue with paying out as she was clearly in the wrong and half of the company see her do it. I just dont know if going down the reporting her road is going to be the best option.

Ill have to get her reg number tomorrow and check on that website to see if it is insured.

Comment

Mate its your responsability to report her and get your thing sorted too. Why should we work are nutts off and pay things fairly and she get away with it.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Yep i agree Jay, i had my astra sri hit august 07, went to court on 23august 08, won and still waiting for my money that is owned to me. Insurance company took him to court as the total cost was about £1900 i think, oh and he never bother to turn up also, pffft.
                      So i hate uninsured drivers with passion

Comment

Seriously just be glad she just bumped you in the car park but if shes already been done before for knocking someone off a bike she wont learn easy. She's the sort of preson who'll do it again until shes locked up for killing someone by the sounds of it.

Clique #14

Comment

Actually something you could do is pass on her details to the police and what time she finnishes work and they might pull her check the car over

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Also because of uninsured drivers everybody's policies are higher..

Clique #14

Comment

Also she has a job no excuse for not being able to afford it.. she just really thinks it doesn't matter obviously.

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                              X