This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its official .... Winter is here !

got in the car tonight to be greeted with this .....

For people who arn't aware it may be a good idea to :-

Make sure your coolant is topped up and Anti-Freeze is sufficient.
    Make sure your Washer Fluid is tipped up with screenwash (not tap water!)
    Tyre Pressures are correct for the 19" wheels its 35 Front 32 Rear (book Values)

If your and inexperienced driver or are unsure of the road condition then i would advise NOT to turn the ESP off !!! (Traction Control) as in this weather it is very EASY to spin off the road due to the lack of grip.

Dont' want to sound patronising to anyone, i just don't want to see any threads on here from people who have had an accident this winter !

I had the slippery road warning for the first time too tonight... And my windscreen was frozen up

Comment

ive just woke up to a small bit of snow on the cars in my street think ill just stay in bed its freezing!!

Comment

nice good precise words of advice there
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Teri View Post
          ive just woke up to a small bit of snow on the cars in my street think ill just stay in bed its freezing!!
          what a good idea.

Comment

i work early and have to get up at 5am took me ages to de ice the car making me late for work. grrr

So when are ford going to release the rites on heated windscreens to other car manufactures was the best invention in winter when i owned my fiesta ST.
            INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Good words of advice Gaz to ALL experienced or not........
              sigpic
              WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

yeah i had that on my display this morning too. i took mine into the dealers today didnt boot it and the remus let off a series of pops which made me smile
                sigpic
                TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

i had this last night awell though it was a nice change from the little snow flake which changes from red to green which isnt a great help for the colour blind people such as myself

Comment

think that this week will change me 18" summer for 17" winter tyres...
                    MB E63s AMG
                    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Just been washing my car this morning , soaking shoes etc , freezing "cant feel your hands" .................but worth it

Winter washing is a pain but makes it all the more enjoyable when done after its caked in winter grime
                      sigpic

Comment

I had the Slippery Road warning in my Corsa too at 4:30am

Comment

ikts like a christmas card scene outside my place tonight....roads will be a pig in the am

council dont grit our side roads....doh

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
                            ikts like a christmas card scene outside my place tonight....roads will be a pig in the am

council dont grit our side roads....doh
                            is it that bad there ? its just wet here, outside temp of 1 degree

Comment

astra dash was reading -0.5

and like a blizzard

settling everywhere

Comment

Working...
                              X